S1 EP4: Aliens of London Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Actually, it's our fault. We sort of... employed Rose as our companion." the Captain says trying to help the situation.

"When you say companion, is this a sexual relationship?" the policeman asks.

"No!" the younger looking man answers.

"No!" Rose also answers.

"Then what is it? Because you..! You waltz in here, all charm and smiles, and the next thing I know, she vanishes off the face of the Earth!" Jackie says leaning down to face the Captain before turning her attention to the Doctor. "How old are you then, 40, 45? What, did you find her on the Internet, d'you go online and pretend you're a doctor?"

"I am a doctor."

"Prove it. Stitch this, mate!" she slaps the Doctor.

"Ow! Oh-h!" the Doctor complains.

Later on Jackie and Rose hug "Did you think about me at all?" Rose's mother asks.

"I did, all the time, but..." Rose informs her with tears still in her eyes.

"One phone call. Just to know that you were alive."

"I'm sorry, I really am."

"But d'you know, what terrifies me is that you still can't say. What happened to you, Rose? What can be so bad that you can't tell me, sweetheart? Where were you?"

___________

The Captain and Doctor are on the roof of the Powell Estate when Rose joins them. "I can't tell her. I can't even begin. She's never going to forgive me. And I missed a year. Was it good?"

"Middling." the Captain tells her looking over the city.

"You're so useless." Rose tells him.

"Well, if it's this much trouble, are you gonna stay here now?" he asks turning towards the girl and the Doctor.

"I dunno. Can't do this to her again, though."

"Well, she's not coming with us." the Doctor says. All three burst out laughing at this comment.

"No chance!" Rose says.

"We don't do families." the Captain adds.

"She slapped you!" Rose says looking towards the Doctor.

"900 years of time and space, and I've never been slapped by someone's mother." the Doctor says.

"Well, I can proudly say that I'm the only one, between the two of us, to not have been slapped by someone's mother." the Captain smiles informing Rose.

"No.. not someone's mother, but..." the Doctor is interrupted.

"Nope. Don't go there." the Captain tells him as the Doctor just smiles.

"Your face." she smiles.

"It hurt!" he says, placing a hand on the side of his face.

"You're so gay!" Rose says. "When you say 900 years..."

"That's our age." the Captain chimes in, after turning his back on the two to look out over the city again.

"You're 900 years old."

"Yeah." he answers.

"My mum was right. That is one hell of an age gap." she says, eventually jumping down from where she was sitting. "Every conversation with you just goes mental. There's no-one else I can talk to! I've seen all that stuff, up there." she walks over to where the Captain is standing. "The size of it, and I can't say a word. Aliens and spaceships and things... and I'm the only person on planet Earth who knows they exist. And... who slapped you?" Rose directs the question at the Captain.