Being Princesses and an adventurer whose specialty is kicking ass, they didn't have enough time to bond with one another.

Rarity: My, my, canterlot..... I envy you Y/n.

Rainbow Dash: Can you bring us some souvenirs ? Huh ? can ya ? CAN YA ?! 

Applejack:

Applejack: Can it, Rainbow Dash

Applejack: Can it, Rainbow Dash. Y/n's top priority is the meetin' with the princess. He don't have time buying dang knick-knacks for ya.

Twilight: When do you think, you'll be back ?

Y/n: 2 days at max. I just hope whatever they want isn't dangerous and instead just want to hang out.

As he finished talking, he felt Pinkie Pie start crying large waterfalls of tears onto Y/n's head.

Rarity: Pinkie, darling, Y/n said he'll be back in a few days. It's not like he's leaving ponyville forever.

Pinkie: But that's just it. It's a few days without Y/n, it's not gonna be as fun as the few days with Y/n.

She rushes over to Y/n and started sobbing into his chest comedically as the others tried to pull her off much to little avail.

Applejack: How are you this strong ?

They finally got her off as she continued to cry like the toon she was.

As he was removing the tears from his mane, Rarity gave him a beautifully made scarf on his neck.

Rarity: I hear it can get quite chilly up in Canterlot, so I made you this scarf.

Y/n: It's quite beautiful. Thank you.

The British (sort of) unicorn blushed from the compliment of her work and percived it as if she was complimenting her own beauty.

Train conductor: All aboard, last call for Canterlot. Leaves in one minute.

Y/n: That's me, see ya girls.

He rushed into the train after getting his ticket stamped and looked out the window to wave one final time to his friends.

Y/n: Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold. BYE!

(Timeskip)

Y/n finally arrived in Canterlot after a day of traveling in the train. Ponies have been thanking hm for saving them left and right and even have given gifts of appreciation.

When Y/n stepped off, he was ready to get this over with as he was still not used to being in unfamiliar surroundings without his friends.

It was like when he came back to ponyville after 15 years. Back when he hasn't met the Mane 6, when his most hated pony was Nightmare Moon......

When Kabuhamaru was still alive.

Y/n eventually booked a motel overnight so he didn't have to sleep in the train once more and flew his way to Canterlot castle.