Upon entering the house she noticed it gave a homey and warm feeling, something lacking at her own house and she couldn't help but feel empty thinking about it.

"Please take a seat while I turn on the heater and get us some hot chocolate, okay?"

Alessia nodded but before Carl could leave to go to what seemed to be the kitchen a lady appeared by his side and kissed him on the cheek.

Alessia's eyes widened a bit at her unexpected appearance but Carl rather had a bright smile looking at the beautiful woman before him.

"Akua, you're here already?" He asked with cheeriness in his voice.

The woman too smiled brightly before chuckling quietly seeing the excited expression on his face.

"Yeah, apparently our boss told me to take an early leave since I had to take management when he went away to his mom's funeral. Luckily I arrived here before it began to rain." She said with a heavily accented voice.

Her brown eyes moved over to Alessia and it widened when she realized the girl was shaking uncontrollably.

"Oh my, poor thing..." The woman named Akua began before rushing over to another room and appeared with a warm blanket and wrapped it around Alessia.

Alessia's heart leaped at the unexpected warmness the woman had expressed towards her so she pursed her lip trying desperately to calm her racing heart.

Akua looked at Carl before returning her gaze back to Alessia, "I'll bring you some warm clothes, I'll be right back." She said before disappearing.

Alessia schooled the emotions on her face looking at the direction Akua took off to noticing the never ending smile on Carl's face.

For the first time in a while, she felt the almost unfamiliar tug on her lip but that was all.

"She's...nice." Alessia rasped quietly.

Carl looked at her in surprise quite caught off guard by her speaking to him.

But his never ending smile tugged his lips.

"Yes. Yes, she is."

Soon Akua came back with a warm pair of jeans, socks and t-shirt. She smiled apologetically.

"Sorry, these are the only ones I have that would seem to fit you, seeing my size..." Akua said referring to her curvy body as compared to Alessia stick thin frame.

Alessia's eyes expressed all the thanks she couldn't say with her mouth and Akua felt satisfied before directing Alessia to a room to change.

Akua turned towards Carl and tears lined her eyes," She seems so...sad. Empty." Her accent became thicker because of her sadness.

Carl nodded in agreement before hugging her.

-----

Alessia having finished changing into a warmer set of clothes was soon back in the living room and saw a mug of hot chocolate on the centre table.

Akua came to her side and held Alessia's arm and guided her to the couch not quick noticing Alessia stiff from the unfamiliar warmth from the stranger she barely knew.

Now seated, she stared at the mug not knowing what to do.

"I made something warm for you. I really hope you enjoy it." Akua told her in that accented voice of hers.

Not wanting to disappoint to to lovely lady Alessia held the mug and took a sip of the wonderful smelling liquid.

Her eyes widened a bit at the delicious flavour and she quickly drank since the liquid was now a bit warmer than hot.