she stared at him straight in the eyes, placing her weight on one leg as he looked up at the menu, waiting for her to speak to him.

she bit her lip, bringing herself to bring her best fake smile she could do just so they could know it was fake, "welcome to cosy cafe, what would you like to eat or drink today?"

her eyes then turned to look at Rafe who was avoiding all eye contact with her, keeping his vision on the floor.

if it wasn't for Pope, he would have probably strangled her to death and he knew that, he also knew that she wasn't the type of person who let things go easily, even if he wanted her to.

"i'll take the grilled chicken sandwich with a latte." Ward pointed at the menu before turning to Rafe, "what do you want?"

Bambi watched as his adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed and looked up at the menu before Bambi, "the same but with a water."

Bambi stared at them again, not saying a word or even moving but when she realised they had no idea why, she sighed, "what's the magic word?"

Ward made eye contact with her, the smug look on her face as she looked to the side slightly, bringing her hands up to her ears.

"please." Ward gave in, placing the cash in his hand on the counter before walking away to find a seat. Bambi took the cash and added it to the till slowly, excited to tell JJ about this later.

she placed their orders into the kitchen and headed back behind the counter in case anybody else decided to come in to order.

she took a seat on the stool under the counter and began playing with the bracelet on her wrist that she found in John B's room, her eyes on Ward and Rafe the whole time.

she heard the bell, indicating that the food was ready and sighed. she didn't want anything to do with them and her serving them was like the universe wanted her to talk to them.

she grabbed the food and brought it over to their table, placing it down in front of them, "i'll bring your drinks over in just a second."

Ward nodded, and the girl walked over to the coffee machine and began making wards latte, biting her cheek the whole time.

Rafe looked over at her and then his dad, "i think we should apologise to her, for you know, killing her dad and her twin brother."

Ward stopped eating and looked at the boy like he was crazy, "what? no, no, why should we? that just makes us suspicious."

Rafe shook his head and licked his lips, "she was the only one except whose alive and watched Peterkin die, she's the only one that can tell the actual truth, we need her on our side."

Bambi bit her lip to stop her from saying anything as she brought their drinks over to them and wiped her hands on her clothes.

"enjoy your food," she told them, trying her hardest to not start screaming at them.

"Bambi." Ward called her name out, making her stop and look at him, her eyes glared, "i'm sorry, we're sorry. for everything."

Bambi furrowed her eyebrows and turned so she was completely facing him, she didn't expect to hear it come out of his mouth but either way, she didn't care what he had to say.