12 : resist, doll

Start from the beginning

but jeongguk's next words proved otherwise.

"be aware of cockroaches, rats and spiders by the way. i don't clean often"

taehyung stood upright, eyes widened in fear. "w-what?"

jeongguk glanced up from his book once more, peering at taehyung through the lenses of his glasses. "yeah? the spiders are quite venomous. although they don't bite me, i don't know about humans"

"h-how do you live in a place like this?!" taehyung was scared shitless. insects, any kind was his biggest fear. and venomous? taehyung didn't want to imagine even looking at one of that kind.

the urge to laugh at taehyung's sudden outburst was strong, even more when jeongguk knew how much he was bullshitting. each and every nook and cranny of the colossal mansion had been meticulously cleaned, not a speck of dust in sight.

occasionally, the vampire found himself growing bored, and indulging in cleaning served as a convenient way to pass the time. however, jeongguk decided it was best to keep this little secret from taehyung who was losing his shits right now.

"you keep forgetting i'm a vampire, don't you?" jeongguk let out a light, amused laugh as he turned to the next page of the book, seemingly engrossed in its contents. his sole objective was to rile up taehyung even more, who was anxiously glancing around at his own feet, clearly filled with paranoia.

"i can't sleep on the floor!"

"sleep on the bed with me then?"

"i don't trust you" taehyung clenched his jaw, the smug look on jeongguk's face told how unbothered he was by everything.

"amazing, love. really don't trust me, who knows when i might devour you alive?" jeongguk nibbled on his lower lip as he scanned taehyung's body, who was still dressed in his clothes, looked incredibly sexy under the combination of moonlight and candlelight.

under jeongguk's gaze that pretty much was eye fucking him, taehyung felt his body weaken, yet he managed to conceal it and released a heavy sigh. he was truly exhausted, and the bed appeared exceptionally cozy and inviting. however, given the vampire's presence, could he even find sleep despite the comfort of the bed?

"come on now doll. i'll do nothing, you have my words" jeongguk adjusted himself by leaning against the pillow and looked at taehyung with the same smile.

taehyung didn't trust jeongguk.

but if he wanted to have his way with him, wouldn't he have done it a long time ago? since jeongguk said he won't touch him until he begs for it himself, shouldn't taehyung be fine?

he should be.

"you promise?" taehyung innocently asked.

"what's that? a human thing?" taehyung frowned and jeongguk didn't know why but he felt the urge to compel the human's words. letting out a soft sigh, jeongguk nodded. "alright, i promise"

"great!" without wasting any more time, taehyung eagerly jumped onto the bed, causing jeongguk's body to bounce ever so slightly. taken aback by taehyung's sudden movement, jeongguk observed the boy who slid under the blanket and pulled himself to the opposite side of the bed, snuggling up and making himself comfortable.

jeongguk, surpassing the need to chuckle at his childishness once more, glanced back at the book, fully aware that he had not read a single word and had no intention of doing so.

the glasses he wore, the book in his hand, his half naked body on display- it was all for a show. but taehyung wasn't swoon, or perhaps he was but too scared to give in.