CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

He'd whooped for joy and then she'd said she wanted it to be on the same day as their previous one. So in two weeks, on the 18th of August, they would get married again, and continue counting their anniversaries from there.

However, there was something they'd decided to do, and that was why they were in Spain—a vacation home they'd acquired from Andrew—instead of wedding planning. It had been a last-minute decision, so they'd left the rest of the planning to Ashley and the girls, instructing the guys to help out.

Fingers being snapped in front of him caught his attention, and he found Lexi had put on clothes. "When did you put those on?" He asked, sounding disapproving.

She smiled when his eyes went wide as if he couldn't believe he'd asked that. "You got lost in thought. Everything okay?"

"Absolutely," he said, rising to his feet to wind his arms around her waist. Before he could kiss her, he spotted the twins fighting and sighed, pressing his forehead to hers. "Must they always fight?"

Lexi chuckled. "It's all love. They'll get back to being friends pretty soon—you know that."

"I do." He kissed her softly, not wanting to scare her away. "I love you; you know that right?"

"Yes," she replied, hugging him back, "and I love you too. So much."

"Good."

Realizing there was a hug going on, the twins ran over, raising their arms as they whined. "Hug mama", "I lah you", they said simultaneously, wanting to be included. While Winslet was more direct, Rhett's 'I love you' was equivalent to asking for some affection or touch of sorts.

Lexi picked up Rhett who'd come to her side while Trey picked up his troublesome daughter, including them. "We love you too," Lexi murmured, pressing a kiss to both their heads, chuckling when their tiny arms went around them.

Lexi leaned back a bit to address Trey. "As much as I'm liking this, don't you have somewhere to be?"

"Oh shoot," Trey muttered, handing Ky to Lexi. "You've got them?"

"Yes, just go." She adjusted the babies. "Give him my greetings and have him host us for dinner. Insist on it—I want to try his cooking."

"Yes ma'am," Trey replied, kissing her once more before almost running out the door.

"Daddy," Winslet called after him, her voice sad.

"Daddy will be back soon, okay?" When Winslet didn't reply, she said, "Let's order the pizza then I'll give you and your brother a little more chocolate. Would you like that?"

"Yes mama," they both responded, Winslet still looking sad. Rhett reached over to pat her head and she smiled a little, tucking her head in Lexi's neck.

*

Trey entered the gym, wrinkling his nose at the stench of sweat. He made his way towards the back, mentioning his name before he was allowed entry. Trey spotted his quarry training with a young boy.

He looked up when Trey approached, his countenance switching from confident to nervous in an instant. The youngster nailed him in the gut with a punch and he doubled over, chuckling when he saw Trey found it funny.

He straightened and asked the boy to leave them. The young boy who walked past Trey greeting him couldn't be older than fifteen. "Robinson —"

Trey lifted a hand, halting his words. "In the ring," he said, taping his knuckles. The other man visibly swallowed, not because he wasn't strong but because of the topic of discussion.