ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ - sᴛᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

༄𖧷༄

The sound of a wrench tightening a bolt echoed in the room, a girl worked diligently, her gaze laser focused as she built her big robot.

"Spanner." Shiori reached out and someone handed it to her and she continued her tinkering, meanwhile her brunette friend sighed as she stared anxiously towards the overhead room clock.

"Are you ready, Yuzu?" Shiori asked glancing towards her long time best friends Yuzuriha.

"I don't know Shi-chan, what if he says hates me."

Shiori rolled her eyes as he best friend shared her worries with her imminent meeting with Taiju that's just about to happen in front of the camphor tree in the school courtyard.

"You know that's impossible, Taiju couldn't hate anyone even if he tried because he's that earnest of a guy."

The two girls were in the crafts clubroom as they were talking, the clock ticked away as it was almost time for the meeting.

"Yuzu." Shiori sighed as she put her hand on her shoulder. "You're anxious and that's normal, but don't be too anxious that you imagine scenarios that are not there, besides if he ever said that to you, I'd break his neck." She said with a thumbs up for positivity.

"Shi-chan?!" Yuzuriha gasped as Shiori spoke rather calmly about doing something so violent.

"Yuzu, I'll be cheering for you with all my heart." Shiori said hoping to calm her friends and to let her know that she has her full support.

"Thank you Shi-chan, you're the best." Yuzu hugged Shiori in a quick squeeze. "Alright! I'm gonna go ahead to the tree, wish me luck!"

With a newfound confidence Yuzuriha left the room while waving to Shiori who nodded as she disappeared from the door.

༄𖧷༄

"Ten thousand yen says he actually doesn't."

"Seriously?!"

Shiori heard Senku place his bets with others who were watching from the window.

"Don't make bets like that!" She scolded as she whacked him across the head and leaned on the open window. "Even if he doesn't do it now, at least he took the first step, getting the courage to even ask a girl out so you can confess must've been really hard." She reason as she looked fondly upon the scene below.

"I don't want to hear that from our resident heartbreaker." Senku scoffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She frowned.

"Don't pretend to be stupid sis, just yesterday you rejected a guy who confessed to you and let's not forget the guy before that and the guy before him." He snickered.

"Stop it, but it's not my fault. I mean look at me, I got all the good looking genes so it's only natural that I'll get called out, wouldn't you boys agree?" She looked over to the boys next to them and they blushed.

"W-well..."

"If you wanna say something spit it out." Senku dared with a glare making them flinch.