𝐢𝐢. 𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐚

𝐢𝐢.
𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞
──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Neither of them came after us.

Both stay silent until we shut the front door. Then all hell breaks loose.

Screaming can be heard as we walk down the front steps, surrounded by lush lavender bushes. Their vibrant hues stand as a stark, cheerful juxtaposition against the darkness that clings to the walls of the house we left in our wake.

"Cady, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought up Max like that." We exchange glances, and I'm relieved to see that she isn't as upset as I thought she'd be.

"It's fine, don't apologize. Saying all of that felt good."

A huff of air leaves me, and I smile faintly at seeing her expression lighten. "If I knew it'd blow up like it did, I would've brought him up sooner. You butchered her. I don't think I've ever seen her that shocked before."

She snorts and scrunches her nose out of contempt. "The bitch got off easy. I was one retort away from punching her right in that freshly pumped-up face of hers. Do you think all that Botox is malleable enough to move around if I hit her hard enough? Would it permanently fuck her face up? God forbid she has any visible flaws."

"I'd pay good money to see that." I laugh.

"Want to go get wasted at Gin's tonight? Heard they've got a deal on drinks: two dollars each. Plus, we haven't gone out for drinks together in literal eons. I miss my old drinking buddy." She nudges me with her elbow.

I'm drinking tonight, alright.

Alone. On my couch. While watching cringe sappy romance movies balling my eyes out.

"Not tonight."

Cady frowns. I stride along the sidewalk, taking three more steps before realizing she's no longer by my side. One look over my shoulder, and I immediately regret my answer.

She's about to hand me my ass tonight, too.

"Sulking around will get you nowhere Ela. Ryan's out trying to get into Melody Wrights's pants as we speak. Just because he's having a good time doesn't mean you can't."

"Cady," I start weakly in an attempt to explain my reasoning, but she cuts me off.

"Go out and show him you're unaffected. Show him what he lost. If he can fuck around, so can you!"

I shake my head. "Doing that would show the whole world. Not just my ex. They'll tear me apart. And after the Melody scandal, I don't think I can handle any more press." Neither can my manager, but that's irrelevant.

She makes her way over until she's an arm's length away. My big sister is genuinely intimidating when she wants to be—no wonder mother looked like she was about to piss herself.