your ex is at the same restaurant (requested)

"I don't even know what to order. Everything sounds so good." You said as you opened up the menu.

Felix laid his hand over yours from across the table and when you looked up at him you saw the warm and happy smile on his face.

"Get whatever you want. It's our night out together. Let's enjoy it." He said before kissing your hand.

"I always enjoy spending time with you. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, baby." He said as he squeezed your hand.

The boys are always so busy but with the comeback being so recent, your boyfriend's schedule has been even crazier than usual.

He oftentimes leaves before you wake up and gets home late when you're tired and struggling to stay awake but refuse to get to sleep without a kiss and some cuddles from him.

So having some time with him tonight means everything and more to you.

You looked away from his soft brown eyes before looking around, mesmerized by the beautiful spot he brought you to tonight.

And that's when you spotted an all too familiar face.

Your ex-boyfriend was at one of the tables by himself, finishing up a plate of food and sipping on some alcohol.

You let out a nervous breath and Felix was quick to check on you.

"Is everything alright?"

"No." You said as you looked at him anxiously. "My ex is here."

You nodded your head over to where he sat and Felix followed your gaze.

You've mentioned this ex of yours a few times before.

He's a huge jerk, to put it politely.

You've told Felix about the names your ex used to call you, how he would always flirt with other girls right in front of you, how he always made you feel so bad about yourself; worthless, even.

Felix has never met the guy before but he despises him and he's always wanted to give him a piece of his mind.

"Lix, please, stay here with me." You pleaded as it looked as though he was about to stand up.

You knew his intentions and you figured that it wasn't worth it.

Your ex hasn't even noticed that you're here.

Why confront him if he can just leave?

"Okay." He said. "I'm here."

You smiled a little, feeling comforted by his reassuring gaze and his words.

You looked at the menu, trying to decide what to eat.

That's how you spent the next few minutes; just looking for what to eat as Felix smiled at you and you made conversation together.

You almost forgot about your ex being there completely.

But when you looked from the corner of your eye and heard his voice, your heart sank.

"Y/N."

You looked at him and saw that same cocky smile of his and you looked at Felix anxiously once more.

"It's nice to see you here. What's it been? A year? Since I last saw you. You're just as beautiful as ever."

"Please go away." You mumbled.

But he just shook his head with a smile.

"You don't want to see me? After you just left me without an explanation? That's how you're going to treat me?"

"I think you're lucky considering the way you treated her. You deserved worse." Felix spoke.

He couldn't just sit back and let you feel so anxious and intimidated.

He was going to speak up and tell this guy off.

"Who is this guy?" Your ex asked you.

"I'm her boyfriend. I'm warning you right now to walk away and leave her alone. You're making her uncomfortable and anxious. So go." Felix said as he clenched his jaw angrily.

Your ex just laughed and stared him down.

"Or what?"

"Or you're going to regret it." Felix spoke."With how you treated her when you were together and all the nasty names you used to call her, you deserve a good punch in the face or two."

"Chill, buddy. I'll leave... but I want her to come with me."

"Not a chance." Felix quickly said. "Just go."

When your ex just stood there, Felix banged his hands on the table in frustration as he stood up.

Though he wasn't as tall as your ex, he very clearly wasn't backing down.

He wasn't about to let your ex say another word to you, call you another name, or, god forbid, lay his hands on you.

"She's moved on. Let her be." Felix said. "Now, just go."

Your ex clenched his jaw so Felix took a step forward.

"Right now. Let her be. Stop looking at her. Just move on! Because with me here, you're not going to do anything to her. I can promise you that."

Your ex scoffed as he looked at you.

"Fine. She's not worth it."

Your ex left the restaurant, completely storming out as you got up and threw your arms around Felix.

"Thank you."

Felix rubbed your back comfortingly and kissed your head softly.

"Don't worry about it, darling. I'd do anything for you. I'll always keep you safe."

You gave him a loving kiss before he brushed his thumb across your cheek softly.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"No. He's gone. Let's stay here and enjoy our night together. I love you so much."

"I love you too." He smiled before sitting back down.

But this time, he didn't sit across from you in the other booth.

He sat beside you and pulled you into his arms.

You put your head on his shoulder and smiled as he kissed your forehead and held your hand, so in love with you and so happy to do whatever it took to make you feel safe.