The Past

I couldn't take anymore, the pain, the misery, it's all I have known now. Everything I knew before was gone. I was happy, I was loved, but it was just lucid dream.

Who am I? What has become of me? Just a fragment of what's left, a mess and burden to life. Who has lost the will to live any longer.

Living with the Gods as a mere human was sinful to the compassion I once had to the God of Mischief. I should have known better.

I gave up everything I had, I gave my all to him. Only to be left with nothing in return. His going to be married off to someone else and I'm just a thorn to them, to him.

My dreams were crushed, my hopes were shattered. All because I was a mere limited life person in this nonhuman world. I shouldn't have bite off more than I can chew.

If the Avengers saw me now, they would just laugh. They were no better than the Gods of Asgard. Two side of the same coin. Who am I to judge?

"Mortal" I hear the deep voice of the gatekeeper, "Step away from the edge, the bridge has yet to be fixed".

I turn to him but all I see is darkness, feeling the soft cloth on my eyes. I force a smile at him as a response.

"I'm going home, isn't that great?" I said with sadness cracking out from those words.

I hear his footsteps coming closer and by instinct, I collectively moved further back, my feet touching the tip of the broken bridge. The makeshift sound of water falling into void just within earshot.

"Prince Loki will be here soon" I frown when he informs, dozens of bad memories flow through my mind, everything that I have been through flashing all together.

He was the reason for all my suffering, the cause of my regrets, and will be the harbinger of my end. A tear slipped from my sightless eye, as it all sync in. I was stupid for being the moth seduced by the flame and I here I am, paying the price with my life.

Without moments of hesitation, I instantly turn my back from the gatekeeper and jumped off from the bridge. I let the void take me away from here. This time I barely hear a new voice shouting my name, "Anna!" and then nothing.