𝟎𝟎𝟐 | 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I SAT ON THE COUCH with my friends madi, nick, matt and chris. it was ninety degrees fahrenheit today and every single one of us were sweating "anyone wanna go to seven eleven to get slushies with me?" i ask and all of them shot their hands up "i'm calling shotgun!" madi yells as she makes her way out to my car "i'll grab my keys and meet you guys out there" i move my head to signal them out the door, grabbing my keys off of my bedside table and clipping them to my shorts, something matt did that ended up rubbing off on me.

i was driving around when chris starts complaining "out of one hundred and twenty eight locations why does the closest seven eleven have to be thirty minutes away?" "did you just look that number up?" chris nods, pointing to the gps on his phone even though i wasn't paying attention "if you stop acting like a child i'll buy you whatever else you want" he instantly goes back to how he was, humming to the sound of frank ocean in the background whilst trying to make the most of my half broken a/c, matt keeps offering to fix it for me but i refuse, wanting to be able to pay for it to be fixed myself. 

we pull up to a stop light and i decide to roll down the windows as the a/c was starting to give out, and it was getting hotter by the minute. i hear the car next to us roll down their window too but ignored it, it was a hot day so i get it, until i heard someone yell out from the backseat "MY FRIEND THINKS YOU'RE CUTE!" followed by a small clap as if someone had placed their hand over their mouth. 

i turn my head confused to see the boy in the front seat avoiding looking at my car with what looked like his brother next to him laughing his ass off "sorry about them" he finally says turning his head to look at me "who were they talking about?" i ask refering to madi and the triplets who weren't talking but were listening into the conversation "you" his brother says, still snickering and he just sighs.

"why is this red light so long?" i say, trying to avoid the awkward situation "i think there's a crash up ahead" the boy in the car next to us mentions "what's your name by the way?" he adds "why should i tell you?" i say before madi nudges me, whispering in my ear to just tell him anyways "sasha, what about you?" "cool, i'm brady" he smacks his lips a little, unsure of what to do next before the light turns green "see you brady!" i yell out the window as i take off.