Chapter 7: Zombie-Racoon

"Why do you look like a zombie?" Jasmine asks poking my eyes - which have bags under them. "No, you look more like a raccoon," she decides still poking and prodding at my face.

"Will you stop that?" I ask slapping her hands away from my face.

"Ouch," she says holding her hand like I really hurt her.

"Oh, stop pouting," I say as we make our way into the classroom. I sit in my desk laying my head down.

"You're the one pouting," she mutters. "So," she draws out and I feel her start to mess with my hair. "Do you look like a zombie-raccoon because of a certain person named Blake who you tried your best to avoid this morning?"

I turn my head to face her seeing that she has a mischievous smile on her face. "Why are you looking like that?" I question her.

"Stop avoiding the question," she says shaking her finger at me.

"I'm not avoiding anything," I inform her as a couple of loud students walk in just about drowning our conversation out.

"Oh yea?" she says raising a brow, "Then why haven't you answered the question?" She smirks as she makes her point.

"You are such a bitch sometimes," I inform her and her smirk turns into a full blown grin.

"Thanks," she says. "Now stop stalling."

"Well, if you must know, my lack of sleep has nothing to do with Blake."

"Oh, really?" she asks and I nod. "Mm hmm," she says obviously not believing me. Before I can react she grabs my scarf and pulls it off revealing my neck which has red blotches. "Explain this then," she says poking one of the marks in triumph.

"I got it from Tyler," I lie.

"Nuh uh, honey, don't you lie to me." She grabs my chin turning my face so she can see the other side of my neck. "That looks more like Tyler's work," she says poking one of the marks again. "All sloppy and he left only two as usual."

I snatch the scarf from out of her hand rewrapping it around my neck. "Leave me alone," I whine but she ignores me as usual.

"Now this side," she points to the side that has the most hickeys, "Is obviously work of someone you've never been with before, and since Blake was at your house last night and you two have never hooked up before, I'm guessing he did it." She lays her chin in her hand looking at me expectantly. "Now am I right or am I right?"

"How do you know that Blake was at my house last night?" I ask since I don't recall telling her about anything that happened last night.

"I'm going to take that as a yes," she says smirking at me and leaning back in her seat just as Mrs. Garcia begins to give us our assignment, leaving no time for me to question her anymore.

---------------

"Practice today is going to be longer than usual," Coach informs us when we walk into the gym for P.E.

"Why?" I ask.

"No," Jasmine complains before Coach can answer me. "I have a date." She crosses her arms over her chest poking her lip out. "I've been trying to schedule them around practice, and now you go and ruin that."

That girl's mouth is going to get her in a hell of a lot of trouble one of these days.

"You made a commitment to this team the day you signed your tryout papers," Coach says to Jasmine, sternness in her voice. "It's going to be longer today since there's going to be a couple of changes in the drills and we have to make it to the championship this season."