Just as I'm about to open my book-a romance comedy, thank you very much- I hear someone clearing their throat. Glancing up, I find the girl who's been in my mind for the past two weeks standing right in front of me.
Jade-green eyes look down at me through long lashes and I take her in. Her long brown hair is pulled back into a messy ponytail, her face dotted with soft freckles the sunlight makes them shine, her expression is almost shy. She's wearing a white oversized hoodie and some sweatpants like she just got out of bed like that- but she looks beautiful. She is beautiful. She was even beautiful when she yelled at me for not wanting to help her, and for the first time in two weeks, she's standing in front of me.

"Hey," her voice fills my ears, I notice she's holding her hands together and her cheeks are red- she's... nervous.

I tilt my head, narrowing my eyes at her. "Uh... hi?"

"Hey." she says again and I raise my brows, trying to repress a smile. "Hi. Sorry. I'm... can we talk?"

"I don't know. Are you going to yell at me again?"

She's taken aback with my response but simply sighs and shakes her head. "No. No, I won't. I just want to talk about the, uh... the showcase. I saw you said yes to Queens."

I nod. "I did, I said yes. Two weeks ago."

Willow parts her lips to say something but she shuts her mouth when those green eyes land on my lap- on my book. "Are you reading Falling into deep?"

My gaze immediately falls to my book, feeling my cheeks turn pink. I hold it up in my hand and move it around. "Uh. Yes. It's my, uh.. my favorite book."

"Oh. I love that book. I've read it, like, two months ago. It's great. I don't have the physical book but I've read it on my phone and I finished it in one night- I love that author, she has such good books. Have you read the series? I'm trying to but it's like a seven series book and I do not have enough time to read seven books. I'm on the third one, which is that one- but you know that, you just said it's your fav-"

"Willow." I interrupt her and she stops abruptly. I bite my bottom lip to keep myself from smiling. She's adorable. "I could talk about this book for days but you didn't come to talk to me about books, right? How did you find me here anyway?"

"I've been looking for you since yesterday if I'm being honest and today... got lucky, I guess. I was just going to get some food." She takes a deep breath, her eyes find mine and I find myself unable to look away. I've never seen such beautiful eyes. "Can I sit? Are you busy?"

"You can, but you're probably going to get dirty and I don't have much time. I'm having dinner and then I gotta get to the gym." my nose wrinkles when she sits down anyway, in front of me. I'm suddenly hit with the smell of vanilla, making me feel subconscious about myself. I've been dancing for five hours straight, I'm pretty sure I don't smell like flowers.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Is someone waiting for you for dinner? I can find you later."

I shake my head before she can leave. "No. No, I'm having dinner." I show her my protein bar and she narrows her eyes at me.

"Is that... Is that all you're having?" her voice is almost a whisper but I hear her anyway.

I hate the look she's giving me. Like pity and something I can't name, so I shake my head and a nervous laugh escapes my lips. "No, I, uh... I'll have dinner with my sister after the gym."