0012

12
_____________________________________________

WEEKS LATER

"Doctor Mc'Knight."

"Havana." I heard someone call my name.

"Yes?" I answered immediately clearing my thoughts.

One of the nurses chuckled and soon enough they all joined in. "What's got your head in the clouds?" Macy asked me teasingly.

"If you saw her boyfriend my head would be in the clouds as well." I heard another say as they all giggled and chatted amongst each other.

I only smiled as well. "He is pretty handsome." I say not taking offense at all. I knew all these women and majority of them were older and married.

It was nothing wrong with giving credit to someone who clearly deserved it.

"Do I hear wedding bells?" Macy asked suggestively.

I shook my head in response, even quicker than I had liked to. Hopefully she hadn't take notice and if she did, she never showed it.

"It's still fairly new but I'll tell you what."

"I'll let you know and you will be my bridesmaids, goodnight ladies." I walk away laughing as I hear them hooping and hollering behind me.

I had missed working more than I had thought I would. The hospital had a certain smell and aroma that you got so use to the more you worked within one. It was somewhat like home to be back on a territory that I was familiar with.

I pushed the rail in front of me as I was brought out to the busy streets of New York City. I didn't even think to take my car today, in reality I rarely did. These streets were always busy and I never had the patience to drive in busy traffic.

The thought of it gave me anxiety which is why I held down a taxi, I'd rather them deal with it than me.

I was currently heading out to dinner with Lisa which was long over due. We had texted and called each other since I had been back but this would be our first time meeting up since the new year.

Speaking of new year.......

You're so fucking sexy

My good fucking girl.

I winced as I thought about Dexter saying those words to me as he fucked me into the new year.

I felt like I would explode if I didn't get him out of my head, even though it was easier not having him around I still thought of him.

I been carrying this secret with me since that day and it was eating me alive.

"Thank you." I say paying my cab and shutting the door.

"Reservations for Mc'Knight." I said to the hosts.

"Right this way ma'am." She smiled sweetly leading me to the table. A smile broke out on my face as I saw Lisa sitting down with a glass of wine in her had already.

Typical

"Here you are." The host said as I thanked her.

Lisa turned looking at me in surprise jumping out of her chair to pull me into a hug.

"Fuck I missed you girl." She said pulling away and sitting back down as I did the same.

"I missed you too." I said genuinely.

"I see you already ordered my favorite." I gesture to the glass in front me taking a much needed gulp.

While I did love everything about my job to say that it wasn't time consuming and stressful on certain days would be a lie.