Prologue

"RUN!"

"B-But-"

"JUST...GO, YOU TWO!"

A Riolu stared urgently as the younger Meowth and Purrloin stared at him with anguish yet hesitancy, before taking another look at what was a behemoth compared to them, yet would look mid-sized compared to taller ones, yet still imposed a feeling of great fear into them.

The Meowth took the Purrloin's paw and ran off, taking her with him.

The Purrloin cast one glance back at the Riolu.
"ADVENTURE!" she called desperately, as if urging him to run with them too.

Adventure turned back, only for the flying Outlaw to graze over him, causing him to fall back onto the ground, as a loud "BZZZZ" passed over him.

Adventure looked and saw that the Beedrill had already gave chase.

"NO!" he shouted.

"COME BACK HERE!" The scratchy and sour voice of the buzzing Pokemon echoed throughout the night.

Adventure sat there on his knees, panting.

The young Riolu took a deep breath in and stood up.

'Come on, it's not too late.' he thought.

He closed his eyes, tried to ignore the panicked beating of his heart, and spiraling thoughts, and focused.

Charge...

Charge...

Charge...

Quick Attack!

Adventure sped forward with a new burst of power collected, flashing past the dark trees that were nothing but a blur to him in the nightly forest.

'Come on...Come on...' he thought, urging himself onward, no matter how much time passed and how much energy he had left.

But, he could not...find them. No sign of them. No hint. Nada. Nothing.

Did he speed past them already?

Adventure finally skidded to a halt and looked around, while panting, of course.

No sign of Meowth.

No sign of Purrloin.

And no sign of stupid Beedrill.

Adventure grew desperate.

"Meow? Purr?" he called.

No answer.

"Come on..." he whispered, closing his eyes, and yet again, trying to calm down and focus.

Focus...

Focus...

Focus...

He could almost feel his appendages-or as he, his family, and apparently his species liked to call them-his feelers, start to slowly float up and reach out to any sense nearby.

A ripple came in...

Fear...

"MEOW! PURR!" he gasped, snapping his eyes open.

Only then did he realize his mistake.

"Oh..." he groaned.

Looking around, he suddenly felt something...in the back of his feelers...moving around...

Closer...and closer...and closer...and closer...

And-

"For a so called "Emanation Pokemon" you're awfully dense, little boy," it spoke.

A sickening jolt that it set.

Adventure slowly turned their head to see the tall, towering over him, big, mighty, and mean Pokemon from kids' nightmares, dreading the day they'd ever see her...

"Get...AWAY!" what started out as shaky soon turned as a scared yet defensive voice.

Adventure lashed out with a paw.

SMACK!

"AGH!"

That'd done it.

Adventure stared in shock and fear at what he had done.

The lady touched her cheek where Adventure had struck her, before slamming her paw to the ground, and fixing him with a glare that froze him.

Reaching out from where the shadows seemed to stay, going slowly, that perhaps he could run, yet he just stood there, shaking now, doing this act as if to taunt him, she stopped her paw an inch away from his face.

And then unsheathed her claws.

She suddenly grabbed his face and picked him up with ease from there.

"Do you know what you've just done?" she spoke steady and smoothly.

"..."

"You've just made a beginner's mistake," she then proceeded to pull him closer, yet at a slow pace again.

"No worries though," she "reassured" him.

"I'll give you a school lesson," she spoke like she was just being normally nonchalant.

Icy Wind!

Suddenly, blue misty-ice showered down, causing her to yowl in pain as she let go of Adventure, who landed on his face.

Adventure shot up and, as he watched her try to waft the coldness away, took his chance.

Quick Attack!

With much more energy gathered up now, he charged at her with great speed, and slammed into her.

He fell down onto the ground, this time landing on his back.

As he got a view of the night sky breaking through the shadowy trees above, he wondered...

Who was that Pokemon that saved him?

When suddenly, she stood above him, blocking his view of the night sky.

A look of outrage, hatred in her eyes, sharp, sharp teeth bared.

Adventure's eyes widened, and he jumped back, landing on his fours.

"Stay back! I'm warning you! I have the Type advantage!" he barked at her.

Yet she glared at him with no fear whatsoever.

Shadow Ball!

Suddenly, a big ball of static, dark purple came in between them, and next an impact of smoke.

As Adventure staggered back, coughing, he felt giant hands grab him.

Immediately, he was swept away, as he watched the sight of the smoke moving away and her coughing became tinier and tinier.