Episode/Chapter 6 - Newby Part 3

"All right! Let's take down this little frog and be done!" Gizmo said as he and Mammoth slowly stepped towards Miss Martian."Yeah! I'm hungry!" Mammoth said licking his lips.

"We're not eating her! You Dumbo!!" Gizmo smacked Mammoth in the back of the head, "you can't eat frogs! This is a tiny frog too!"

"Look who's talking." Miss Martian smirked, then she used her psychic powers and psychically picked up a small vending machine, "here, you hungry? Have some!" Miss Martian yelled before throwing it at Mammoth. The machine hit him in the head, and he fell over knocked out cold.

"How'd you--it doesn't matter! Looks like I'm the main man...again..." Gizmo said and used his mechanical legs and ran up to Miss Martian, who just used her mind and unscrewed all the bolts in Gizmo's legs, he fell on his face flat on the ground.

"Supergirl, I'm done! How about I help you with yo--AAAAH!!" Miss Martian said but was cut off after getting hit by Jinx's powers and fell to the ground.

"Ha ha! Looks like you don't have your friends to help you!" See-More laughed as Supergirl turned to M'gann and Artemis both on the ground unconscious.

"I don't think she's even got the guts to get rid of the three of us." Billy said and they all started laughing. Supergirl narrowed her eyes, which started glowing red.

"Wrong." she used her heat vision and shot See-More's eye.

"AAAAA!!! My eye!!!!" See-More screamed as he held his hands over his eye.

"You should now be known as See-No-More!" Supergirl laughed, then turned to Billy, who started multiplying himself, surrounding her. She used her frost breath and froze all of Billy's clones and himself to the ground. She turned to Jinx, who was the only person on her team standing. She looked around nervously at her fallen team mates, then she looked at Supergirl and smirked.

"You may have won this battle, but we'll be back. You girls better be ready, because next time, we're bringing the full party on your team." Jinx said. Then she threw a small metal ball in front of her. It popped, and black smoke filled the mall. Supergirl coughed. Then she heard a portal open, and then close.

"Time...m-machine...?!" Supergirl stammered. When the smoke cleared, she looked around. Artemis and Miss Martian were still unconscious on the ground, but the Savage Six were all gone.

__________________________________

"Artemis? Artemis! Wake up!" Artemis heard a familiar voice. She held her aching head and struggled to open her eyes. She sat up slowly and looked around. Everything was clear now. She was lying on a medical bed at the Cave. She looked next to her and found M'gann sitting up on the medical bed next to her holding her head too. Superboy was sitting next to her. She looked up and saw Nightwing sitting on her bed next to her too. She looked behind him at the door and saw Supergirl.

"What happened?" Superboy asked the three of them.

"Shopping...Savage Six...major headache..." Artemis said.

"Yeah. Long story short, we were shopping, then six evil teens showed up, and we kicked some butt." Supergirl said.

"You kicked some butt!" M'gann corrected.

"And you didn't bother to call for back-up?" Nightwing asked. Supergirl turned to Superboy who looked away and took M'gann's hand.

"...b-but we did!" Supergirl said.

"I never told him..." Superboy said, "I took out my own squad. I knew if Nightwing found out what happened, he was going to go nuts about seeing Artemis like that. But you were bound to find out anyways, so that one was on me." Nightwing sighed.

"At least they're all back and unharmed." Nightwing said. He got up and walked out the door. Artemis struggled to get him and went out after him.

"Dick?" she called. He turned to her stunned, then held her when she stumbled.

"Hey, hey, go back and get some rest." Nightwing said.

"I just wanted to say, sorry...I should've called you myself..." Artemis apologized.

"Well, you're here and safe. That's all that matters." Nightwing smiled and held her closer to him. Artemis chuckled. They leaned into a kiss, but before their lips could meet, Nightwing chuckled.

"Karma hurts, doesn't it?" he smirked. Then instead of kissing her, he reached around to her back pocket and snatched his wallet back. Artemis laughed, then Nightwing gave her a quick kiss on the lips and brought her back to her medical bed. Then he headed back out into the hallway and walked through the hallway. Suddenly, Nighting heard beeping. He checked his hologram wrist watch. Then he typed something into it and headed to the exit of the cave. He turned the transmitter in his ear on.

"Hey, Kaldur. There's something I need to do. I'll be back in about a day or two, depending on how this 'something' goes." Nightwing said.

"That is fine. We will cover for you. Might I ask what this personal mission is?" Aqualad asked.

"Batman and I have some circus stuff to take care of." Nightwing said and pulled up a research page and an article page on his holographic watch as he exited the cave.

"Okay. Whatever it is, good luck." Aqualad said. Nightwing turned the transmitter off.

"Recognized. Nightwing, B01." The cave computer said as Nightwing entered the Zeta tube headed to Gotham to talk to Batman about the mission. They met at the top of a building.

"Is the tracker in place?" Nightwing asked.

"Done." Batman said as he checked his holographic watch.

"Good." Nightwing replied.

"What if there were a couple hitchhikers on this mission?" Batman asked, referring to Robin and Batgirl. Nightwing sighed.

"As long as they don't get in the way." Nightwing replied.

"When do we leave?" Batman asked.

"Well, it's seven o'clock right now, we could leave in about a few hours. I want to check in on Artemis later." Nightwing answered checking his watch. They looked out at the Gotham streets, then Batman turned to Nightwing.

"So where are we headed?" Batman asked, and Nightwing looked at him, and back out at the streets. Then he pulled out his holographic wrist computer, and the bright colors on the research page almost answered Batman's question without a word, but Nightwing answered anyways.

"Haly's Traveling Circus."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it!

Just to get you excited, the Episode/Chapter 7 (wow...we're that far already?!) is called The Flying Graysons! I've been waiting FOREVER to write this episode!

Warning: Might have a few totally AWESOME Batman, Nightwing, Robin, and Batgirl moments!!! :D

Don't forget to comment and criticize! Thanks guys! ;D