Episode/Chapter 6 - Newby

"So, how does this work again?" Kara asked as she inspected the box Conner gave her.

"It's a phone. You can use it to call me, Superman, or anyone on the team. You just need to get their number." Conner explained. Kara tapped the box like the number pads on a phone. Conner stared at her (A/N: LOL), "uh, you have to take it out of the box first."

"Oh! Right! Of course!" Kara chuckled as she opened the box. She shook the box over her hand and the phone fell into it. She inspected it and turned it on.

"Here, let me give you my number." Conner said and he took her phone and typed in his number and the numbers of other people on the team.

"Why need a phone? You could hear me miles away!" Kara said.

"How about the rest of the team?"

"...Yeah, point taken. Besides, I hear these things are really cool!" Kara said as she took her phone back.

"I also added the rest of the team's numbers, including a few of the Justice League's numbers...which are only for emergencies." Conner warned.

"Okay. Thanks." Kara smiled, then looked down, "will I fit in here on Earth?"

"Of course you will! I know you'll make a perfect teen here on Earth...you just need practice at it." Conner replied.

"Thanks!" Kara thanked, took her phone, hugged him, then flew out the door, leaving Conner in her room by himself, a little bit stunned and surprised. He sighed and walked back out to the living room, which was just down the hallway.

_____________________________

"So, Ms. Harjavti's 'peace speech' was taken over by a large massacre of an explosion, which started a burning building, then she fainted onstage along with her two bodyguards," Conner heard Gordon Godfrey say on the GBS News in the living room, where he saw M'gann sitting on the couch watching the broadcast, "Don't tell Ol' G. Gordon that that was a coincidence! Because this entire thing seemed entirely planned! This must've been some sort of SHAM! But that's not even the craziest part! Take a good look at this, folks." Then he showed a clip of a blonde girl: Kara, but the quality of the video was so bad, no one could recognize her face, but they did recognize the "S" on the front of her Supergirl outfit. They showed her flying down the alley going after Psimon, then it froze.

"You all saw that, right? So I'm not going crazy? There's a Super GIRL?! Well, how does she relate to the Superman or the Superboy? Are they siblings? Cousins? Married? We don't know, but the point is that I'm referring back to the dilemma from two years ago, and apparently the issue has resurfaced! The dilemma of having a large and unneeded influx of aliens on Planet Earth. The Reach was a good example of why us earthlings shouldn't trust any alien invaders. The Martians should remain on Mars, the Kryptonians should remain on Krypton. It's simple. They're called Martians and Kryptonians for a reason! They're not Earthlings like us!" G. Gordon said.

"That's it." M'gann said and turned the tv off. She dropped the remote on the coffee table and got up from the couch.

"Whoa there, where are you going?" Conner asked her as he stood in front of her.

"To give 'Ol G. Gordon' a piece of my mind. Literally." M'gann growled.

"But you can't!" Conner said.

"Why not? Conner! He's talking about me! Uncle J'onn, Superman, Kara...YOU!"

"I know, and I want to tear him limb from limb too, but it'll destroy our rep! They'll see us good guys as the bad guys." Conner said. M'gann calmed down.