Episode/Chapter 1 - New Beginnings Part 2

"Are you handing your leadership back to Nightwing now?" Lagoonboy asked Aqualad while they were waiting for the rest of the team, not really caring how rude the question seemed.

"Possibly. But we should at least give him some time to get used to the missions first. Being gone for a year, he needs refreshing." Aqualad replied. As they talked, the rest of the team started entering the mission room.

"Hey, Zee? What are you doing here? I thought you were with the Justice League now." Nightwing asked Zatanna as they walked in.

"I've been helping out the team the past year!" Zatanna smiled. Then Artemis came up next to her. Zatanna elbowed her and wiggled her eyebrows, which earned her a slap on the arm from Artemis.

"Okay. So we have a new lead on Vandal Savage. We think he is preparing to start another Light Apocalypse. Of course, they will be searching for a new partner, but without the Reach, we have no idea who else they have to choose from. Team Alpha will be on that right away. Then there's a new Earth-Mars Com-Sat relaunch. We need to be there to defend it, and, hopefully, the mission will succeed this time. Team Omega, you're in charge of that." Aqualad said. Then he turned to Nightwing, who nodded.
"Now, I will hold my leadership for a few more missions, and then I'm returning the leadership role back to Nightwing." Aqualad said. Everyone started cheering. They've all missed Nightwing, and now they're all glad he's back. Aqualad understood that, so he didn't take it personally. He knew Nightwing would make a much better leader from the start.

"Team Alpha, following Savage's lead in Iraq is Superboy, Beast Boy, Blue Beetle, Impulse, and Miss Martian. Your leader is Blue Beetle." Aqualad continued.

"Nice!" Impulse said and fist-bumped Blue Beetle.

"Team Omega, watching the new Earth-Mars Com Sat Relaunch is Zatanna, Artemis, Wonder Girl, Robin, and Nightwing. Your leader is Nightwing. The rest of you will be here with me and Batgirl researching the rest of the Light's moves. Let's go." Aqualad finished and they all dispersed.

"Yes! On Team Omega with you! And another person!" Zatanna said to Artemis and gestured towards Nightwing. Artemis smiled nervously.

Hmmm....should I do it? Should I ask him? No. Not now. Maybe never. Ever. What do I do?! I mean, we're close friends, but not THAT close.....oh man... Artemis thought to herself.

"Okay, so we don't have M'gann, so we have to go back to old-fashioned transmitters." Robin sighed and held a hand full of ear-piece transmitters.

"It's okay guys. I learned a spell that can link our minds telepathically!" Zatanna said.

"Good. Thanks, Zee." Nightwing thanked.

"So, how are we doing this...again?" Artemis asked.

"We need maximum coverage everywhere. That's basically how it worked last time. Maybe we'll do a better job." Nightwing answered.

"No one's going to die this time...right?" Robin asked.

"I promise." Nightwing answered, then they headed out, "Okay. Let's go."

                                                                                ______________________________

"This is your first time as leader, eh Blue?" Impulse asked Blue Beetle as he elbowed him playfully.

"Okay, we'll see how this will go." Blue responded as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"You'll do fine." Impulse assured him and slapped him on the back.

"So you two are back together! That's great!" Beast Boy said as he walked beside Miss Martian, who was holding hands with Superboy.

"It is great! I finally get to be with someone I've known, and I know I can be myself with." M'gann answered and smiled up at Superboy, who smiled back.