Chapter 5:New friends are alwais a good thing

Start from the beginning

Everyone stared at him in silence. Few chuckles began resonating in the room, after which the classroom was filled with laughter.

Student 1:Haha! What was that!? That was hilarious!

Student 2:An interesting tranfer student has appeared!

Kumagawa:[Don't laugh!]

Kumagawa crouched down with his arms crossed in front of him as a large amount of oversized screws pierced through the bodies of his classmates. To make good on his earlier statement, he mocked the serious look that a cool shounen character would have.

Kumagawa:[Laughing at someone else's joke...You guys are the worst!]

In the next moment, however, all of this was erased. There were no screws or blood, everyone being alive and healthy and Kumagawa doesn't look like he has moved an inch from his position. Like nothing ever happened.

Student 1:Huh! Eh...What!? Just now...

Student 3:Weren't our bodies pierced by huge screws?

Kumagawa:[Well, that is for another time! Instead of an introduction, how about a quiz? Riddle me this. In the morning a short story. In the evening a deadline. In the night it ends. What is it!? Answer, a new serial novel!]

He looked straight at them as none even dared to form the barest attempt at a smile. Well, he'd say he made a powerful impression.

The teacher came in after awhile and the lesson started, undergoing without any problems. As the break came Kumagawa sat on his seat and began reading Weekly Shounen Jump's new issue.

It would be more enjoyable if his class wouldn't whisper about him while he was still there, so rude. However, he was intrigued when someone actually approached him.

Looking up he saw a girl with brown hair and eyes, a medical white mask covering most of her face. Her name was Sukinasaki Saki.

 Her name was Sukinasaki Saki

Saki:Kumagawa-kun. Um, well...Just for a little...It's alright if I speak with you just for a little...? It's really only for just a little.

Saki asked him, having a good impression of being nervous. But the girl was completly shocked as tears spilled from his eyes, even though his facial expression didn't change in the least.

Kumagawa:[Sorry, I was just so happy that you came to talk with me! I've been to many schools, but no girl approached me before...And even though I think it's because you lost at rock-paper-scissors, what is it?]

Saki:Um...There's something I'd like you to meet. It's only just for a little, though. The school's Student Council President, Jakago Aki. Well, even though I call her that, she's more of a monarch than anything else.

Kumagawa:[But she's still just a high school girl, right? Isn't it a bit of an exageration to call her a monarch?]

Saki:Not at all! It's because Jakago-san posseses the unique skill Aero Bike, the skill that controls oxygen.