0.9 - ice skating

"I haven't been ice skating in forever." I tell Tom as I tie my skate together.

The two of us thought it would be really fun to go ice skating. He didn't clarify if it was a date or not so I didn't think too much about it.

"I just hope you don't laugh if I fall on my ass." He lightly blushed.

I thought it was cute whenever he blushed. "I can't make any promises, Blyth." I stood up knowing I was done with my shoes.

He watched me too knowing he was done tying his skates. He nervously stood.

I tried to not laugh at him, which was extremely hard to do.

"Are you gonna make it?" I ask with a hint of laughter. He just looked at me with fear in his eyes.

"Could I possibly get some help?" He asked with his hand sticking out.

I couldn't help but to go over to the boy and grab onto his hand.

A breath caught on my throat when I did because I swear, I felt electric run through my fingers when we touched. 

I could tell he felt it too. He looked at me for a moment but kept trying. Once we got on the ice, he looked pretty nervous.

"Do you want me to go slow?" I ask as he started smiling. "I think I got it from here." He smiled at me cheekily as he stood up straight.

I look at him surprisingly as he started skating just fine. "I thought you said you didn't know how to ice skate?" I question.

"It was just an excuse for me to hold your hand." I didn't realize we were still holding hands as we skated.

I just smile at him and roll my eyes. "That was really good." I admit as he shrugs. I used to ice skate all the time when I was a kid.

But when I got into acting and singing, I got too busy. It feels nice to actually get it done now.

"I figured if you want to, I would consider this a first date." Tom speaks.

There was a skip in heart when he said first date. "This is a really cute first date." I agree with him.

There was a small smile on his lips. "I'm glad you think so." I met Tom around a month ago, and I feel like I've known him for years.

Everything feels so easy and calm with him. I feel like I don't have to change anything about myself or act differently.

I think that's the one thing I really like the most about the situation. He makes me laugh effortlessly.

I just really don't want this thing with him to end. The whole night with him, ice skating, was perfect.

It started snowing a little bit causing the two of us to look up. I smiled as I looked over at the brunette.

He was already staring at me. "God, you are so beautiful." He mumbled to himself.

He skated closer towards me and cupped my face with his hands. "Is it okay if I kissed you?" He asked for consent.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I didn't have butterflies in my stomach, I had a zoo in my stomach.

I nodded my head knowing I've been wanting to kiss him since I met him. He leaned in and gently placed his lips onto mine.

It felt like my whole body was melting when we kissed. Or maybe it was because it made my knees weak.

We moved our lips in sync for a moment, and pulled away for air.

I don't remember the last time I was this happy. When we finished ice skating, he dropped me off at my apartment.