Chapter 19 - A confrontation

Keegan respected Marnie, so he went quiet for a minute and then he looked at Kelson. "You get a pass mother fucker and that is only because I see Marnie as family.. and if she tells me that she has trust in you then I can let this pass.."

Kelson nodded. "I've got all the documentation that proves Alaina is mine. I'm taking her back home with me.. she belongs to me." He told him.

Keegan knew this, he walked over to Alaina and Kelson stood up straight. Marnie touched her brother's arm, making him stand down. Keegan looked at Alaina and she smiled at him, like she knew him so well and loved him. "You be a good girl, you're gonna be great, a diva for sure, but great nonetheless.."

Charisma looked at Marnie. She saw the love he had for this little girl and it made her feel some type of way. Especially after her unborn babies had lost their lives so tragically. Marnie could see that Keegan talking to Alaina was troubling her and she wheeled over to her. "It's okay.. he believed that she was his.. he needs to say goodbye."

"I know and I don't begrudge that. I just know it hurts, I know how it feels to lose like that." She said.

Keegan said his goodbyes to Alaina and headed across to the others. "Take care of her, there are only certain things that she likes..

 "Take care of her, there are only certain things that she likes

"Write it all down man, I'm sure that it would come in handy." Kelson said to him. He looked at Charisma. "If you need help dealing with Nijada then let me know." He said. He grabbed Alaina's car seat and left the house.

Everyone went quiet. "Keegan...

"C, just leave it right now" he said and stormed off Down towards the back of the house away from everyone else.

Charisma sat down with Marnie and the twins. Ryan, McKenzie and Wesley all waited for Keegan to gather himself. "It's good to have you back sis." Marnie said holding josh on her lap as she smiled to try and bring a smile to Charisma's face.

"It is good to be back.. it's just that." She sighed. "I just find Keegan so volatile sometimes and that is where the worry comes from. When it's good it's really good, then when he's like he is right now he's unpredictable and that's the worrying side of him."

"If you feel that then why don't you go and talk to him now.. he might need that." She said.

Charisma thought about it for a second and then nodded. She stood up and handed Arlen to Ryan. "I need to talk to Keegan... he won't bite." She said looking at his terrified face.

She walked down to the back of the house and put onto the patio. She saw Keegan standing looking out. Charisma walked up to him. "Keegan?."

He turned and looked at her. "I want her dead for this.. I raised that baby girl. I love her, I truly fucking believed that the second test was true and I had created her. I was looking forward so much to having a daughter. We found out about the baby's sex when Nijada was 6 months pregnant. When they said she was a little girl. I was as happy as hell. You were gone at this point and I thought that my life was with her, so I truly believed she was my first child."

"You could have had a baby girl with me." Charisma said. "I was carrying a baby girl, I didn't have it confirmed but I knew.."

"Well you didn't really, you just assumed, no one knows

"Well you didn't really, you just assumed, no one knows. That baby wasn't even formed properly" he said. "Alaina, I watched her grow from bump to birth to 6 and a half months old... it hurts like hell, but no matter what she will always be my first baby girl." He said.

Charisma felt pained by his words, she knew Keegan rarely thought before speaking. But it hurt her that what he had done to her and what would have been his first daughter he passed off as if it was nothing. She swallowed hard. "You've got the boys...

"Don't try and make this about you." He said putting his hand on top of hers on the table and crushing it.

"Keegan... I'm not.. I'm just saying. Josh and Arlen love you."

"It's not the same as having a baby girl, a princess.. I love my boys but Alaina made me feel like a king.." he said moving away from her.

"I'm gonna go back inside, before I say something that I regret." She said and walked in. Marnie could see something was up. "I need some air...

"You were just outside?." Ryan said.

"Now I need some head space!. Is that okay with you?." She snapped. "Let Keegan deal with his boys once he's finished grieving over child number one." She grabbed her car keys and walked out.

Charisma jumped in her car and headed off, she didn't know where she was going all that she did know was that she needed to cool off.

CHARISMA'S POV
Am I the one being irrational here?. Yes he may have loved her and raised her, but he has a shirt memory and he cast my baby girl aside like she was nothing. That may have been the case for him but it damn well wasn't for me!. I feel like I'm the bad guy for making him feel bad.

She pulled into the parking lot of the mall. It was a little after 6.30 and people were beginning to drift off home. All that she needed was to just sit in peace.

——-

"Daddy, we're gonna be good right, me and you?." Nijada said to Alfie as they left the mall. Both he and Nijada had taken back to the store any clothes and shoes that still had the tags on, so that they could get some refunds. Money was now that tight for them.

"We're gonna be okay, we're gonna bounce back

"We're gonna be okay, we're gonna bounce back.. this is just a temporary glitch." Alfie told her.

Nijada stared towards their car and she saw Charisma's car, parked along the same rank half way across. "There's that bitch!." She dropped everything and ran over to the car. She saw that it was Charisma and she started banging on the car window with her fists. "Get out of this car you bitch!."

Charisma stared as she saw Alfie approaching too. She knew she had to get out and confront them. She got out slowly and shut the door standing against it. "My own flesh and blood fucking me over all the way!." Nijada snapped at her.

"I could say the same thing...

"You have no right to say anything." Alfie said. "Where is my money?."

"Keegan has it, I gave it all back.. I didn't want your fucking money." Charisma said to him with a straight face. "I want nothing from you."

"You don't deserve anything!.. I'm gonna kill you.. I created you, I can end you!......