track 5

A couple days have passed since I've recorded my song with The Six, and I still can't stop thinking about how incredible it was.

I grab the plates from underneath the warmer at the Diner I work out as I hear my song play on the radio.

I smile, "What the fuck?"

I drop the plates off at a nearby table, I don't even know if it's the right table and run over to where the music is playing, and I see it.

I see my song, my name.

"Oh, my god!" I scream

We got asked to Join the Bill at the Diamond Head Festival in Hawaii

It would be the first time that I have ever played in front of a bigger crowd, and I was definitely nervous, but I wasn't about to let the others see that.

I mean, I was so nervous this morning when I found out the news from Teddy, I didn't even feel the bump of coke I just took.

I walked up behind the group, seeing them all huddled up. The only one to notice me at first, was Billy. He immediately looked away and back to his band.

I walked over the railing, overlooking the stage.

"Alright, who are we playing for?" Billy asked them

Warren said something incoherent.

"This one's for mom." Graham told him

"Free beer." Warren then added

"Pittsburgh on three, ready?" Billy asked them, holding a cigarette in between his lips.

"One, two, three..."

"Pittsburgh!" They all shout

Billy then walks up to me as his group disperses.

"So how you feeling? You nervous?" He asks me

I look at him, "Not at all."

He doesn't look back at me, "You played for the kind of crowd before?" He asks

"Not once." I say, still looking at him

"All right, well, it's a lot of energy. Just don't worry about it."

"You just-just gotta go out there, sing-"

I scoff, "If this is what you call a pep talk, I don't want, or need it."

"I'm fine, are you?" I ask him.

He turns and looks at me, contemplating what to say. I smile at him.

"We're playing it fourth." He says

"Great."

He clenches his jaw, "I'll introduce you when you come out, okay?" He doesn't ask, he tells.