2

I was quite relieved when I got to the class I had with Alex. Many Slytherins weren't being too kind to me, this includes putting unwanted ingredients in my cauldron. My potion exploded in my face resulting in quite a few snickers coming from behind me. But a full on fit of cruel laughter came from a little blonde weasel I know all too well.

Snape of course did nothing about this but give me a lesson on doing it properly. Those rats better be lucky Snape goes easy on the Slytherin house.

But now I was with Alex and happy, that's all that counts.

I sat with him quite close to me, and he didn't mind at all. He knows that I have bad days and knows how I act when they're occurring, so he held my hand firmly the entire class period. Every now and then he would rub circles on my skin, it easily soothed me.

As the teacher lectured about something to do with our subject, I heard a voice "scream-whisper" in our direction.

"Oi!" A paper wad hit the back of Alex's head. I snapped my head back as a result.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Draco snickered. "Perfect Percic?" He teased me making Alex's jaw tighten.

Draco gets on Alex's nerves. And I mean bad. To him, Draco is the scum of the earth. He hates him even more because he's not so nice to me. He hates anyone who isn't nice to me.

"And is that a problem? What concerns you?" Alex whispered back, not even turning his head to look at him. He was probably using that big brain of his to concentrate on both the teacher and Draco at the same time. He's quite talented.

"Because! You're not her type. When does that love potion wear off by the way, Victoria?" Draco smirked in my direction and I shuttered. I dislike when people use my real name instead of using my nickname, Vic. Or Vicky. It makes me uncomfortable. And the thought of Alex actually not loving me is even more unbearable.

"She hasn't gotten a potion in me, Malfoy. And I don't feel that I need to explain why we are together to you." He spoke swift and flawlessly. He must make Draco feel foolish.

Draco scoffed and scooted back into his seat. He folded his arms and gave me a icy glare. I restricted myself from shivering, and turned back around.

After that, my focus on the babbling teacher became a bit hazy. I can't help but think, Is Alex not my type?

He's perfect I'm not.

I've got boring brown hair, and bland brown eyes. I'm not very appealing, so- what does Alex see really in me?

I shook those thoughts out of my mind quickly. I told myself I wouldn't let Malfoy in my head, and intend on keeping that a truth. Knowing him, he was probably talking about Alex being a pure blood wizard. I can't believe he's that shallow! How could anyone think something like that is a problem in this world? I believe it doesn't matter, and if you love someone, you could be with them. It's that simple. And Alex thinks that too, that's why we work.

Not that I care, but I can't believe that something like that came between me and him. It's absolutely foolish. We had it all, everyone loved us. But he threw it all away because of a blood status.

As soon as class ended, I sprang up from my chair ushering Alex to follow me out. I paced out of the room before everyone else. Alex was dragging along behind me. He looked like a confused puppy. Adorable.

"Love, where are you headed to?" Alex asked me with an angelic voice.

"My dorm. I'm done with this place, are you coming with me?" I need to skip class, I need to get out of here. I'm done with everyone telling me I'm not good enough. Because I am, It's not weakness, its just- I'm tired of hearing it.

Alex rubbed the back of his neck looking to the ground. He was thinking.

"Listen. Um. I know Draco and the rest get on your nerves, but. You've got to keep a strong head sometimes. I'm not going to skip class with you just because they tease you a bit. I've got to be ready for the O.W.L.S. And you should too."

My expression fell, but I nodded.

"I understand. You work too hard for things like this to give it up... But please don't portray me as weak. I've just dealt with this for long enough. I can swat that boy away like a fly, I just need a break today. You understand too, right?" I looked at him in hope.

"Actually, I don't. Your grades are more important. What if you get in trouble?" He was speaking more quickly, he wanted to get to the next class.

"Well, if you must know I have extremely good grades. I don't think missing two more classes is going to do me any harm. Just let me relax?" I asked him and he sighed.

He gave me a quick kiss and a caress of my cheek.

"Good luck, love you." He turned around and sped to his next class. I on the other hand, I snuck very carefully to my room.

After successfully sneaking by filch and persuading peeves not to tell anyone, I had finally made it to my room.

When I got inside I sighed in relief and laid back on my bed. School is hard. Mostly because I'm in the house that doesn't accept muggle borns so easily.

I stared at my celling in thought. I thought about everything other than my life at Hogwarts. I thought about my parents, they were most likely confused. Probably didn't have a clue in the world what I was doing, and they also probably didn't know I was being shunned because of them.

After the mindless thoughts and staring at the celling my eyelids grew heavy, and I found myself struggling to keep them open. So I didn't

"Victoria! Wake up right now." I heard the voice of my astronomy teacher, Aurora Sinistra yell at me.

"Wha-?" I rubbed my eyes sleepily, that's when I saw her tiny frame standing at the foot of my bed, her hands were on her hips looking completely annoyed and unwell. I was so startled I widened my eyes as a result. When did she get here?

Did I really fall asleep? I had a plan to hide somewhere if anyone had came looking for me... Well, I admit I hadn't entirely thought that I would get away with this. But I know I could have. How did she know I was here?

"Get back to class right now! I am extremely disappointed in you. You were one of my favorite students. Anyway, there has been an accident."

"An, an accident?" I sat up and straightened out my skirt and fixed my bed hair.

"Yes! 'an accident' and Dumbledore needs to see you." She pulled me up from my bed. I was apparently moving in too slow of a manner.

"Why? What happened?" I asked her, there was alarm in my voice.

"I'll explain later. But it includes Alex Percic. You two are friendly, correct?"