"What movie?"

"The one you'll begin in a few seconds," he replied.

Monday shook her head and went back inside to make breakfast.

Kenneth observed Monday as she sliced the fruit for her smoothie and made his espresso. Her kinky coils were tied in a messy puff. Braless, every one of her arm movements revealed the side of her breast. Kenneth got up, entered the house, and rested Ryleigh in the portable crib before helping Monday set the table.

"When are you leaving?" Monday asked as she placed the toast.

"At six. Please, let's not talk about it. I don't want to leave you two. You know what, I'll cancel. They can do without me."

"No, Kenneth, you can't run away forever. Your fans are waiting for your return. You have your publishing."

"I know, it's just."

"You're not abandoning me. Okay. Do you remember Kenneth?"

For Monday, they needed to keep track of who they were. Monday had already made a few decisions. Ryleigh wasn't even a week old that Monday registered for online courses.

"As soon as Ryleigh can go to daycare, I'm going back to school."

The writer realized pantsers had their limit. She needed to be more organized, especially if she hoped to mentor others as an editor. Monday also looked into screenplay writing. She loved books but was also fascinated by how the characters came to life on a screen. Thus, she told Kenneth she would be busy.

"What about Ryleigh?" The man exclaimed.

"She'll grow just like all the other kids with parents with occupations and passions. Isn't there something you'd like to do, Kenneth?"

The man reflected, but he knew. He always knew, "I want to write fiction. Something that I could read to Ryleigh at bedtime, perhaps."

"Kenneth, that'sㅡ."Monday was pleasantly surprised.

"Ridiculous."

"No, it isn't. It's a great idea. I'm looking forward to reading what you muster."

Monday couldn't imagine how much her words meant to the man. Kenneth finally understood his lover's definition of a relationship. It was essential for her that they exist as individuals within their couple. They had to be themselves and not lose track of their passions and ambitions.

Kenneth wasted the first few months of Monday's pregnancy thinking she lured him into a trap when she announced she was pregnant, but it wasn't that at all. He now knew Monday could do without him, and the thought comforted him. The lack of codependency allowed them to focus on the essential part of their relationship.

Monday saw her expectations met. They didn't match on paper, but Monday comprehended she was happier with Kenneth's annoying voice and cocky persona than without him. She felt privileged to know Kenneth trusted her enough to confide his darkest side. He let her into his garden, and Monday planned to plant plenty of flowers, memories of their love, child, and life.

She hoped the flowers would be enough to keep his mind on solid ground like every time Kenneth walked barefoot in the garden.

"I don't know how long it will take."

"Kenneth, take your time. We will be here when you return."

Life had no warranties, and Monday didn't see the need to make a tantrum and hold Kenneth back from doing what he had to do. Kenneth had a business to tend to. He sought pretexts to flee instead of saying what bugged him.

They ate, and the conversation drifted. Monday had to wait to wash the dishes for the man to hug her and say, "I'll miss you so much." Kenneth's grip tightened around her, but she felt relieved like every time he held her.

"I'll miss you more."

It was a first; Kenneth was always the one to outbid her in words of affection. He thought of all the moments she threw him off; seeing how the tables had turned was odd but pleasurable.

They weren't perfect, but they were more than enough for each other.

Kenneth just had time to kiss Monday's nip before Ryleigh cried for attention.

"I see where your loyalty lies, Kenneth," Monday said as the man released her and rushed to the crib.

"Forgive me," Kenneth replied, winking while carrying his daughter.

Monday returned to her dishes and smiled. She wondered what would have happened if Kenneth had never picked up her book and called it a tuna sandwich.

Their story was unlikely, but it was a tale Monday could have written, for the best love stories for her were those rigging the universe to bring people who were worlds apart together.

Hey friends,

Monday's a mom y'all. I'm so happy for her and our Irish red beard.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

We're one chapter away from the end!

Take care :)