.6 You're a great big brother

I woke up in a stuffy, sterilized hospital room. I knew that I had passed out, but I didn't think it was really necessary for me to be taken to the hospital.

I heard a labored breath come from the seat next to me. He slouched with his face buried in his hands. His shoulders shook with silent sobs as he was unaware of my consciousness.

I reached over, caressing his broad shoulder over his dark gray V-neck. He glanced up at me through his inflamed puffy eyes. Yet, they were still the deep shade of blue every one of our family members shared.

"What is it, Lukey?" I asked him gently. Even with m soft spoken voice, he broke out in another fit of sobs. This time, he stood up, scooted me over, laid down next to me, and snuggled into my chest.

"I'm sorry, Hanns, I am your big brother, you are supposed to be the one who comes crying tome all the time." I shook my head, still stroking his soft hair against my quaint body. "I heard you opening the door, but I was mad at you. I wanted to yell at you, so I came out. I should've just opened the door. I almost crashed the car on the way here, and it's all just my fault."

I pulled his face to my hands. "No, you are a great big brother, the best, I was mad at you, too. It's not your fault I am deformed."

His arms pulled me into his thick chest. "But I am. The doctor scheduled your surgery and there is no way that I will be able to be there. I have two interviews, a show, and a meet and greet that day. I can't." He dug his face into my shoulders, hugging me tight.

Honestly, I was scared. Luke was my best friend and I was going to be alone on the most important operation of my life. I wasn't going to tell him that, though, it would have made him feel hundreds of times worse than he already did in the first place.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You have to do what you have to do, and you can see me before or after the operation. You have to call me, though. Promise?" I reassured him.

He easily agreed with me. "I'm going on tour very soon. In a little less than two weeks. And you are having open heart surgery in three." He sighed. "Ashton called you earlier, when you were asleep."

My eyes almost fell out of my head. I dreaded what Luke said to him.

"He said to have you call him when you woke up and that he wanted to talk about what happened yesterday. And Eric said that he wished you the best with everything, but he has gamily business he can't get out of." Luke responded.

I was almost glad about Eric. My brother adored him, Eric was his drummer in his band, but he was a creep. Eric had a thing for me and he always wanted to know how I was, why I was, and wanted to make me feel better.

I thought he was friendly at first, but a few months ago he started calling me babe and would make any excuse to be near me or come in contact with me.

But, I wasn't going to tell Luke that.