Talents || chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"hey Megan, i need help with baking a dessert for an event i'm going to undercover, do you think you can help me?" asked the den mother, Megan looked up from the cook book and smiled as she nodded, "sure! what type or does it not matter?" asked the martian as the den mother shook her head and they both quickly began baking some dessert of some sort.

"thanks Megan, we can leave this in the fridge till i need to leave." said Black Canary as she put the dessert in the fridge, Megan nodded and after that they both left the kitchen to different rooms, 'hm, Wally will agree in no time if he is drawing Dick right now, so i can just go ask him now.' thought the den mother to herself, then she went to find Wally.

Black Canary first looked in his room and he was there, already painting a picture of Robin, which wasn't a surprise to her at all, "Wally, i see that you are painting the love of your life." said the den mother a bit teasingly with a smile as she watched him paint the said male, "yeah, why?" asked the speedster as he paused for a moment and looked at her.

"no reason, i'm just glad you enjoy drawing and painting him, and you know that he appreciates it a lot, do you?" said the den mother, the speedster nodded and continued after that, the den mother didn't notice the picture until she actually had a good look at it, she was honestly surprised that it was this particular one.

"your painting the day you left, why?" asked the den mother confused, "all my paintings and drawings have meanings behind them, like the red and blue one." said Wally as he stopped to grab the said drawing, he changed the color to red which showed the younger smiling, then to blue showing him crying.

Black Canary was astonished by all the detail put into this one, "this one shows that birdie hides his emotions, since he used to always scowl at the team and me sometimes, but he's gotten better at it." said the speedster as he continued to paint after he changed the light color, "what about that one?" asked the den mother as she put the drawing back.

"the one im painting now shows that even if one of us leaves, we'll always find and be with eachother." said the speedster as he finished the last bit and looked at the den mother, "thats amazing Wally, its good you two have eachother, you're a perfect match for him, and he's a perfect match for you." said the den mother with a smile as she walked out and closed the door behind her.

'now its Dick's turn, i hope he'll agree without questioning.' thought Black Canary to herself as she sighed and knocked on the younger's door, she heard a quiet voice say come in and she opened and walked in before she closed the door, he was sitting at his desk looking at his computer just looking at articles of anything that is to his interests, probably about true crime or something like that.

"hey Dick, what are you doing?" asked  Black Canary as she walked over to the said boy, "nothing, just doing research on true crime stuff." said the younger, he didn't look away from the screen, "hm, well i was wondering if you could put that aside for a moment." said the den mother, the boy wonder quickly turned to look at the blonde lady.

"you know how to sing, right?" said the den mother, "yes, why?" asked the younger confused and suspicious, "well i was hoping you'd be so very kind and help me improve my vocal skills, im going on an undercover mission and i need to improve my vocals and Bruce said you can help me." said the den mother, the boy wonder was still suspicious but agreed to help.

after an hour of practicing and all that, they decided to take a little break, "actually, i dont think i've ever heard you actually sing a song." said Black Canary as she looked at the said boy, "do you think you could sing at least one song for me?" asked the den mother, "i mean sure, im not that great at it though." said the younger as he thought of a song to sing for the teams den mother.
[ the song is Juliet by Cavetown ]

i need to cry, but i cant
get anything out of my eyes or head
did i die?
i need to run, but cant i get out of bed for anyone
not for you ooh
my sour boy is in pain
i wanna shoot him in the brain
but i'd miss him in the morning
it really hurts
when i need to so bad, but i cant see her
my Juliet, my special girl
but i need to understand
when i cant power through
and when i need some help from you
when i should stand my ground
and when i need to just sit down
sometimes i act like i know
but really i'm really just a kid
with two corks in his eyes
and a bully in his head

Black Canary was astonished and just amazed by Robin's singing, "Canary? are you alright?" asked the boy wonder confused as he stared at her surprised face, he was slightly nervous since he couldn't really tell if she liked it or not, "that was fantastic, Bruce really was right when he said you have a phenomenal voice!" said Black Canary with a smile as she clapped.

the younger smiled as he exhaled, then he realized what the blonde said, "wait, Bruce told you?" said the younger confused, "yeah, he told me everything about the team, remember im your 'den mother'?" said Black Canary as she chuckled and smiled, "well yeah, but i didn't really expect him to talk about me singing." said the younger as he grabbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"of course Bruce would! sometimes when he's in a really good mood, he won't shut up about you so we, as in the justice league and me have to remind him that we're supposed to be talking about a mission." said the den mother as she smiled and chuckled at the thought of Batman ranting about Robin, who looked a bit shocked but smiled at the thought of his mentor talking about him.

"come on, dont be so shocked about that, you know he loves you like a son." said Black Canary with a smile as she gave Robin a side hug and rubbed his shoulder in a motherly manner, she's gotten used to taking care of them like a mother so she treats them like their her kids, except for when they're on missions, she pretends to act cold to them so she doesn't get teased by the league.

•========================•
WC: 1421
•=========•
TWC: 1485

hiii! i hope you had a good day/night, i just wanted to say that you're enough and that you did good today! :) ily and i hope to see you in the next chapter, byeee! <3 *POOF!*