"Like yaw Donia nuh tru?"

"You no funny bitch," I surprise them. Of course my tone playful. They know that too. I laugh along with them.

I slap her hand.

She winces. "Zara yuh need fi go breed and have you own Pitney. How yuh love lick so?"

"Zanne let me go nuh me make up mi mind say me a go buy some fish food fi him, so unuh can gwaan home lef me," my decision final.

She isn't having it though.

I'm out of breath.

"Already?" Anna laughs. "We need fi join a gym. We affi start before summer so we have we summer body."

I don't focus on what she's saying.

This gyal Zanne coming like she forget say she turn 17 December gone. She stayed back due to some family issues.

What a gyal love ramp?

"Zara Nickoi still..." she trails off, my face softens. She looks down as if she's holding back something from me.

"Still what Suzanne?" My voice laced with worry. What is she hiding?

Why she a get me upset?

"Him still no—" she pauses. "Zara just come pan the girls out with we nuh. All if a fi just buy likkle ice cream. It's just to take your mind off things, you can't just a stress a galang so," she continues. Anna and Gina agrees.

I stare at her in disbelief, my eyes narrowed. Is Suzanne really telling me to not care about my boyfr—I mean, sex partner?

You and this bullshit.

Own the bwoy!

And of course, being my usual self, I allow her to boost me.

"That's my man laid down in that coma for 14 freakin' days. 14 days, no hours. Dayzzzz. Leave me alone Suzanne!" I snap.

She goes silent.

Gina and Anna stunned. Zanne starts laughing . "You know say Zara is a very unserious individual?"

I laugh too. "No, but me serious. Mi done make up me mind fi get sup'm fi him."

"Alright fine," Suzanne gives up.

"Never know that possible fi you," I roll my eyes playfully.

She releases her hold.

"So wah the plan?" Gina questions.

"Mi nuh know his favorite food, mi a go think of something. Ms. Henny ago take me there so I'll see you guys tomorrow."

A long steupsssss comes from Zanne.

"Girl just bill. Since a food you wah give him, make we come with yuh," she says quietly.

I'm rethinking my decision. She doesn't allow me to speak, she continues.

"After all mi did plan fi cook my man dinner, AND me know Nickoi favorite food. Mi know dem like that."

My eyes lights up like a Christmas tree.

"What is it?" I ask eagerly.

"Anything with Curry Shrimp."

Lawda mercy.

I was gonna buy a brown stew fish food. Me can afford shrimp?

Chro.

"A wah?" Zanne seems to read my mind. "No worry yoself we can put we left over money together and go a Pricemart. Junior has a house in Red Hills."