07

The Next Day

Light and Misa are walking into the direction of headquarters. Hand and hand they held as they walked.

Rem is tailing the two. Floating right above them as it listens on the conversation.

Meanwhile Ryuk stayed at home... Eating apples.

"So, when we get there. You're going to look directly at L to seek his real identity. Make sure you remember it. Keep it deep in your mind. Do not forget it. Then, write it on a sticky note and give it to me. But today... My father will be the one dead on the floor in the investigation room." Light grinned insanely as he explained this plan.

Misa hugged Lights arm. "Okay my darling! I will do anything for you! All because I love you! I love you so much! You mean so much to me. I adore you." She swooned as she walked with him.

They reached the location of headquarters. Light pulled the door open. Allowing Misa in first.

"Thank you, my knight and shining armor." Misa giggled as she walked inside. Light and Rem traveling inside behind her.

The door closed on its own. They reached the floor of the investigation room and stepped inside.

L is facing the computer, as usual. A piece of cake is placed in front of him. He is gnawing on the fork as he greets the two that entered. "Hello, Light. Misa."

"Hiiiii Ryuzaki!!" Misa greeted. Swaying her hand around as she let's go of Lights arm.

Light went over to his desk. Sitting at his computer and beginning to investigate as normal.

In the corner of his eye, he sees his father Soichiro Yagami enter the investigation room.

"Hi dad." Light greeted before looking away and towards L. Zoning out. Soichiro nodded back as a greeting.
But his son didn't notice.

Light began to think, 'am I seriously going to go through this? Killing my own father only because he is suspicious of me? What the hell is the matter with me- No. No. I have to do it. It's the only way to get him off my back. If he dies while I'm in the room, that will limit the access of me being Kira. Maybe - even possibly - convincing L that I'm not Kira!'

L looked towards Light. "Light. Are you alright? You have been staring at me for the last three minutes."

Light laughed it off. He scratched the back of his head. "Oh uh, im alright. Yeah."

"You're just jealous because I'm the only one with a slice of cake in the room, aren't you?" L began to smile.

"Oh don't be ridiculous. It's not that." Light responded and shakes his head. Focusing his attention back on the screen.

Misa is quietly staring at L, getting his real name with her shinigami eyes. L looked towards at Misa as well. "Miss Amane, are you okay as well? Do you want a slice of cake?"

Misa blinked a few times. "No! I'm okay, sorry! Didn't get good rest last night. Plus, cake makes you fat. So I'm not eating any." She excused, faking a yawn to add more realistic action.

"Oh, alrighty then." L replied as he chomps a bite from his strawberry cake.