Chapter 24.

Derek and I raced back to the pack in full speed and as we raced into the pack house I was stopped by Lucie who was looking at me with fear full in her eyes.

"Ava you have to help Nicholas! I don't know what's wrong with him!" Lucie cried out.

"Where is he?" I asked quickly.

"He's in his room but-"

I immediately dashed up the steps, not bothering to listen to what Lucie had to say because all I cared about was making sure that Nicholas was alright. I burst through his room door on the third to notice him standing by the window as he stared out of it, not acknowledging me.

"Hello Avangeline," He said without even looking at me.

I couldn't help but flinch at the sound of my name, a constant reminder of just how cruel my past life once was, something that would take a while to program out of my mind.

Nicholas what's wrong? Are you alright?" I asked, trying to ignore the fact that he just said my full name and he knew I hated that.

"Oh I'm not fine Ava, there's a pain in my heart that I can't get rid of until I do this, Avangeline I love you so much and it pains me to see you with that piece of shit Alpha. The Moon Goddess fucked up but now I'm gonna make things right," He growled as he advanced towards me.

I wasn't sure what was happening because Nicholas was never violent unless absolutely necessary so right now this was a bit off putting.

I tried to reach for the door but Nicholas slammed it shut as he glared at me with anger and jealousy, something I completely wasn't used to seeing from him and I didn't like this side.

Was this my wrong doing? Is this what I created by toying with this mans heart when I knew this was the wrong thing to do?

He grabbed me by my neck as he slammed me against the wall with such sudden strength but I knew for a fact he wasn't himself.

I clawed at his hand, trying not hurt hurt him but I just couldn't break free.

"Nic, th-this isn't y-ou!" I choked out.

He looked at me with desperation in his eyes as he grabbed my hands and pinned them above my head and buried his nose deep into the crook of my neck.

"You are mine and only mine," He whispered before I felt him sink his canines into the flesh of my neck.

It felt as though my heart would explode any minute from the pain as the blood painfully rushed to my head and my body became weak and fatigued, so this was exactly how Derek felt when Taylor marked him without his permission, it was so nauseatingly painful I almost couldn't bare it.

I screamed and pushed Nicholas away from me before racing down and out of the pack house before I could do anything to hurt him. I looked around and noticed Derek struggling to pick himself up from the ground as he clutched onto his head and looked up at me with such betrayal and hurt in his eyes.

"What the fuck Ava you let him mark you?" He asked out in annoyance.

"Derek I didn't want this! There's something wrong with Nicholas but I can't figure out what, he went hostile and decided to attack me," I tried to explain as I ran up to him.

"Fuck karma is a bitch," He muttered to himself as he rubbed his neck.

A silver arrow appeared in my hand and I lit the tip on fire, holding it dangerously close to my neck.

"What's going o-" Eve froze as she walked outside and noticed me with an arrow in my hands.

"Avangeline think about this first," Derek said as he slowly stood up.

I flinched as I nearly burned myself, everything was going fine but Nicholas just had to go and set us back.

"Ava put the arrow down now...wait who's mark is that?" Eve asked curiously as she looked at my neck.

"Nicholas marked me without consent and I want it off now!" I hissed.

"Ava if you do that then Nicholas is guaranteed to die, we have to figure something else out," She said slowly.

Nicholas came out of the pack house clutching his head in pain, the moment he got close enough to Eve she turned around and punched him square in the face.

He fell onto the ground and growled up at Eve as he held his nose.

"Why the fuck did you mark my sister when she already has a mate?!" She screamed.

"Because she is mine and mine only," He growled darkly.

As Nicholas talked I noticed his eye color was no longer his normal eye color, they were a strange dark grey, almost like Liam's color.

I whisked away the arrow and I briskly walked over towards him to help him up, he gladly took my hand but before he knew it I grabbed his head and pressed my thumbs against his temples as my eyes began to glow gold. I looked deep into his mind and noticed his thoughts were clouded with the thick dark smoke from earlier, rupturing his mind and creating thoughts that were no longer his.

The work of Liam.

I tilted his head as he struggled under my grip and blew hard into his ear, allowing for all of the smoke to trail out of his ears and his normal baby blue eyes to return to their former glory. As I finally let him go he collapsed to the ground and began vomiting a black substance until he was dry heaving.

"What the hell was that?" Eve asked.

"The smoke from Liam must have affected his brain somehow, sad to say that isn't enough to remove this mark," I said sadly.

Taylor quickly ran over to Nicholas as she helped him up on his feet, bringing him into a bear up as he stood up, him slowly returning the hug.

"Alright well today has been eventual and we can't just leave the white wolf pack while Liam is still on the loose, it's going to be a full moon tonight," Eve said.

Both Nicholas's and Taylor's eyes widened at the sound of the full moon.

"What's wrong with the full moon?" I asked, wondering if they were trying to disrespect the Moon Goddess.

"Mates who haven't mated yet give off a very strong and irresistible smell to each other, it's almost impossible not to fuck each other," Derek said as he approached me, smirking.

That would make perfect sense coming from the Moon Goddess, her origins of her being a hopeless romantic who wanted nothing more than people to find their soul mates were true before she sacrificed herself to become the Moon Goddess.

"Fine, to make things less messy and complicated Ava and I can share a room and Taylor and Alpha Derek can share a room," Zachary insisted.

Simultaneously Derek, Nicholas and I all growled at the same time.

"Ava isn't sharing a room with you," Derek growled.

"She's not sharing a room with Derek," Nicholas and I argued at the same time.

I looked over at him in surprise as he sighed.

"After marking you and you clearing my head of that smoke I truly began to realize your feelings for me...you never wanted me Ava and it was childish of me to ever think that I had a chance with you when all I've been doing was hurting the one I was destined to be with, I guess me and Taylor need to exchange some words," He chuckled sadly.

With the mark that Nicholas placed upon me he was able to understand my thoughts and feelings so instead of it bringing us together it would be the cause of us tearing apart.

"I think we all need to have a few words with our mates before the Moon Goddess tries to bind us together,"