54. - A Journey, that is Too Long.

Start from the beginning

'Around 8... No, 9 creatures gathered around in a single area.... Something is definitely up over there.'

I thought, before stopping and beginning to contemplate whether I should go over to the gathered monsters and see what's going on over there.
In the best and most favourable scenario, I get some extra exp for myself. In the probably worse and unfavorable scenario, I would end up having to save yet another person, which I wanted to avoid.

Not because I don't care about saving others, it's because I was quite literally in the middle of nowhere, so finding another person in the middle of here would be quite unfavourable.

After all, how was I supposed to help them get back?

After a bit, I sighed, before turning towards the source of the sounds and beginning to walk towards it.
Screw it, I was going to just wipe out the flock of monsters over there and keep going. If I find another person there, I'll ignore them - maybe try to find a way to heal them.

After walking for a little bit, I eventually stumbled upon the group of monsters. And ironically, it was a flock of wyverns - the monster I was just talking about being the nastiest ones to find here.
They seemed to be gathered around something in the middle of them all.

'Well god damnit. Guess it was inescapable to encounter another person here after all..'

I thought, before sighing.
Guess I'll have to be careful not to harm whatever the wyverns had gathered around.

I sighed again, before walking out into the field, before cracking my fists, hitting one of my foots onto the ground, causing the wyverns to look over at me with rageful and anger filled eyes.

"Come on you oversized disgusting lizards - Come take on someone equal to your own strength."

I stated coldly, my eyes shining red for a slight moment.
The wyverns roared at me before flying up into the air and beginning to fire off fire ball attacks towards me. I quickly leaped into the air, before getting a quick view on the person they had gathered around.

She looked quite important.. and a bit further away, there seemed to be a pile of dead guards as well as two or so maids. Then, even further away, there was a tipped over and heavily damaged carriage.

'They must have been escorting whoever that girl they gathered around is, before being attacked by the wyverns. Well, I'll wipe out the Wyverns and see what I can do to help the people on the ground.'

I thought, before looking at the flock of wyverns, before leaping off a platform, dashing at the creatures, before using [Abyss Magic] to quickly decapitate one of the wyverns in an instant.

The other wyverns watched as one of their own crashed into the ground, dead.

They then roared loudly at me before charging all together towards me.

'Well that's just a stupid strategy-'

I thought, before sighing. I then created a platform before landing onto it and then closing my eyes as I began to use my [Abyss Magic] skill to cast a spell.

"Desimate the masses, cause a calamity greater than a dragons attack - wipe off those I deem as enemies from this world..."

I opened my eyes, as they shined black for a moment.

"Storm of Catastrophic Abyss."

I finished the chant, as the spell was executed. Giant, pitch black clouds began to rise in the air above me and the wyverns, before forming a circle and beginning to spin.
As the wyverns approached rapidly, the clouds sent down pure black lightning down onto the wyverns, shocking them all in an instant.