Little Pest | George Russel Part 1

This oneshot was requested by ArsonTheWalmartBag thamk you for the request and i sincerely apologize for taking so long❤️

Warnings: none
Song requested: sunsetz by cigarettes after sex

Third person's POV:

"don't forget me" Altea mumbled in her little voice as she hugged young george for the last time before he leaves to continue karting across the country.
"never" he responded back with a firm grip as if an oath and a promise that he never will.

--------__---___--
Now

Altea paced rapidly through the MERCEDES garage. Over the years she had been analyzing and keeping up with updates about george and his racing career until he became the most famous race driver for the mercedes team just like he'd always wished for and kept nagging to her about the fact that he'll make it someday. From watching him on TV to his races then his daily life. She had been so proud of him since then and just wished they could click again after they've gone their separate ways. George never came back after he left when they were kids and over the years they went out of touch and stopped talking and phone calling eachother. Altea was extremely upset knowing he was the only best friend she ever had.

When she had found out that Mercedes needed a new engineer for the team nothing could've held her back from applying to the job. She'd been studying mechanical engineering for 3 years after graduating from school so this was her opportunity to finally get that chemistry back and find a decent job at the same time.

Today was the day she'd be interviewed with the team principal, but her excitement was more towards seeing her childhood best friend again after so long. She just hoped nothing changed.

Altea was walking so fast she couldn't even process what was infront of her, many members even looked at her in confusion wondering where she was headed with all that pace.
As she turned around a corner, she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw who was coming the opposite way.

She stood speechless infront of George, he didn't seem to notice her at first since his head hung low, typing away on his phone. When he finally looked up he stood just the same stance as hers. She admired him up and down, he was way older now, looked wiser and more mature, taller and muscular.

His skin that used to be white as snow was now toned to a very light shade of brown. But his face almost still looked the same just more sharper features. His eyes were wide and curious just like before, his chubby face now defined, his hair texture looked smoother and healthier.

Time seemed to stop as tears welled up in the corner of her eyes, she couldn't believe it was actually him, after all this time he still looked the same and now he was right infront of her and not just separated by a TV screen.

Altea's POV :

I could feel the necklace he gave me before leaving choking me around my neck, a huge lump in my throat as my heart ached. It felt like it was going to rip right out of my chest.
I wiped the tears from my eyes as he finally noticed me standing infront of him. I expected him to greet me with a friendly hug or gesture, I'd missed his presence over the years, the last thing I'd expected to see was a look of confusion in his green eyes.