I Needed To Hate You To Love Me | Oscar Piastri

PART 1

Word count : 2138
Warnings: angst, swearing, jealous oscar
Songs suggested: lose you to love me by selena gomez, click on the YouTube video above for those who don't have spotify :) ( song on repeat)

Word count : 2138Warnings: angst, swearing, jealous oscarSongs suggested: lose you to love me by selena gomez, click on the YouTube video above for those who don't have spotify :) ( song on repeat)

Y/n's POV:
"so like, can i get your number" the handsome boy in front of me screamed over the loud music. My smile couldn't be wider at my attempt at finally finding a boyfriend. I internally screamed and was about to answer him when a voice with an Australian accent interrupted me.

_"I'll give you a number f-u-c-k-o-f-f, fuck off" i tried my best to hold in my eye roll as i starred at the back of the head of non other than, oscar piastri. Yes you must be confused so let's rewind a bit. When i was offered a job to work at the F1 paddock i genuinely couldn't believe my dream had became true. I immediately accepted their offer and they placed me as an assistant in the mc laren team. I thought i was going to get along with everyone until a ginger head decided to present himself with a negative impression. Don't get me wrong i love my job, working for millionaires was definitely a crazy thought but becoming enemies with one of them for no reason was the most uncalled thing the universe could do. I know you're saying but why? Trust me i wish i knew the answer myself. I wanted to get along well with him but he seemed to want otherwise so that was how we were known on the team and to everyone else. Enemies. At this point the whole team was sick of our tiniest arguments now and then so they'd just ignore us.

I hated it though. I hated him and i being seen as enemies because if i had to admit, oscar had me in a chokehold i wish i could release myself from. I was in love with the boy so much it made me want to rip my hair out and scratch my skin and scream at the universe for being so against me.

The only thing that made our relationship complicated was that i never understood that everytime he saw i had a chance with a man he would always intervene and shooed them away. I've tried to analyze for years why he'd always do it but never found the answers and so that made me despise him more. And what made me angrier was how calm he would be about everything, never had he ever even slightly showed any type of reaction to any circumstances, only with his words. And now i was stuck in this party thinking i finally had my chance, but boy was i wrong. So wrong. But i wasn't going to stay quiet this time.

I leaned close to his ear so only oscar could hear me and through gritted teeth i said "give me a break" i leaned back on my feet and smiled sweetly at the man that was still standing infront of us awkwardly, ignoring Oscar's eyes boring through me.

_"um sorry are you, are you taken" the cute boy asked and i thanked GOD there were led lights in the room to hide my burning face. Oscar on the other hand tensed and seemed more confident, he turned back to the guy before i could answer and spoke calmly.

_"yes, she is" my head snapped back at him, throwing daggers at him with my glare wishing it were actual daggers.
_"no i am not" i corrected, my gaze still fixed on oscar.