Chapter 18 - Destruction of Base 1

Back here again. James thought as he opened his eyes and he was surrounded by grass and the trees that circled round it in the simulation of the Black Room.

The all-too familiar blob skated its way through the air and towards James before materialising once again as Luke.

"How many times am I going to have to beat you?"

"As many times as it takes." James said as he lunged in.

"Why do I always have to be in the night-time city. A change of scenery would be nice." Thierry sighed as he leaned against the car with an eye opened and smirked upon the sight of the familiar blob floating towards him, "let's go, Allan!"

The blob materialised into a version of Allan which Thierry thought was Kageyama trying to be funny since Allan beat him that one time and technically everytime he's been training here, but this time it would be different.

"Watch out Allan, I have a new technique!" Thierry said as he closed his eyes and loud booms could be heard as a grey cloud made its way to him, "let's hope it works...."

"They're all progressing well." Kageyama said, "Jayden, shouldn't you be there with them?"

"I've already defeated my Terrible Shadow, all I needed to work on was endurance and strengthening each blast. We're taking Orion down after this, right?"

"Hm."

"What do you mean 'hm'? You got them to do this training to take down Orion right? We've been training for the past 3 months, ever since that murder business in Islington."

"They could get so much stronger..... though I suppose that James would want to go as soon as possible, so I'll allow it. But there's a little extra to do - I'll explain when everyone is finished."

After everyone had finished their training, they met Kageyama in his office who had told them that there was something for them to do before they rescued Endou and the others from Russia.

"As you probably know, Orion is an organisation that is known worldwide and has bases all over the world, so, before we destroy their main base in Russia, you should destroy their main sub-bases which are in Paris and London which will give me an indicator to see if you really are ready for the big one in Russia. Let's get a move on, I'll send you the details when you get to Paris."

.............................................................................................................................................

"Is he expecting us to destroy both bases within 24 hours?" Thierry asked, "we weren't allowed to bring anything like extra clothes or sleeping material..."

"Of course we'll do both within 24 hours." Jayden said before smirking, "after all, I'm here."

"Egotistical as always...."

The quintuple walked through the streets of Paris that were illuminated by the Eiffel Tower up ahead as well as the streetlights and even though it was late in the night, many people were still walking around and sightseeing. The noise of the locals, sightseers and sellers made quite the noise.

"It's nice to be back home for a bit." Thierry grinned.

"Okay we have no time to waste." James said as he resisted the temptation to go and look at the items being sold.

They got to the foot of the Eiffel Tower and there was a guard at each of the four legs of the Eiffel Tower.

"How are we going to get up?" Tessa whispered.

"We can just force them to let us." Alex said as he punched his palm.

"No." Thierry sighed, "maybe if you distracted them all then joined us at the top. Maybe you and Jayden can fight or something."