Chapter 1

Jasmine's P.O.V

Life's been one hell of a ride lately and to put it straight I'm not enjoying the ride at all. As I head home all I can think about is Cleo and what she's doing right now.

After minutes of hating the world I finally reach my destination and Cleo leaps towards me.

"I missed you so much Jazzy." Cleo says in excitement.
"I know you love me but don't jump like that you're 11 now and you gotta stop acting like I can carry you around." I tell her in a serious tone so that she understands she's growing up and isn't getting any lighter.

"To all the men who ran away I truly admire the courage you had to even date this ogre."she says as she sprints to the kitchen.
"I won't be offended because I know I'm beautiful and your little bratty words won't change a thing." I say trying to sound sarcastic.

"Look so I ain't never said you're UGLY all I meant to say is that you act like an ogre, you're constantly sucking the life out of everything." She says with a 'dont snap back' look on her face.
I'm telling you when I was eleven no 20 year old allowed you talking down to them but looks like this generation has some adjustments.

I hear the door bell as I make dinner for Cleo and Myself.
"Check who's at the door Cleo." I shout.
"What am I! Your servant?" She shouts back.
And I wave 3 chocolate bars in the air
"Is checking the door the only job you have for me Master." Cleo says in the cutest tone as she walks to the door.

A few minutes later I shout for Cleo but she doesn't respond. So I walk to the door and I find her talking to 'That Man'.
"What in the world are you doing at my house." I say with the most uninterested voice ever.

"Look I'm here to visit the root cause of my problems and discover whether I should weed it out or allow it to grow." He spoke in a tone that sent shivers DOWN my spine.

"Jasmine is he your boyfriend or is he a loan shark." Cleo asks innocently.
"Don't refer to me in a way that makes me sound like some trash's property."He says in a calm collected tone.
"She didn't ask for your opinion you half assed jerk." I reply as I hold Cleo away from him.
"Mind your Language you might end up regretting your words , I'm not here for a fight so let's get down to business." He speaks with authority radiating in his voice.

"State your business here." I say trying to kill the cold aura now radiating in this room.
"I'm here on behalf of my boss I'm sure you've met him before, that day by the restaurant when you attacked him." He Makes it sound so vulgar.

"Ohh so you're that pricks employee now answer the real question
What's your business here."

"I'm here to inform you of the damage caused
1. Rumours are running wild that you and my boss are dating.
2. My boss has a request of you."

"And what's the request."
  He moves closer and whispers and my eyes widen.
"Does he think I'll actually do it and visit his office if he thinks so tell him he's an arrogant man. Does he think I'll get swayed by his looks and if I do actually come over then I'm worthless and I'll do one thing he requests of me." I speak when th confidence but on actual sense I'm a loss.

"For any inquiries come to the company Rone and use this card to get in." He says as he walks out the door.

Like I'd ever go to that arrogant bastard's company.

Two days later

"Welcome to Rone how many I help you." A kind lady says.
I showed her the card and as of now im sitting right opposite that foul mouthed man

"Then you really are worthless aren't you Woman." He says with a hint of sarcasm.
"I figured since birds of a feather flock together so I decided id visit you to make sure I don't feel alone."