2. Down the Lane

Santosh and Cheetah's Wedding

Haseena had been to a couple of dates after the infamous 'Singh Date Disaster' and she had almost given up on finding the one. She preferred to instead concentrate on her business. Her cafe which she'd planned on renovating into a Bistro soon. She lived a minimalistic life in order to save up for her business. Haseena had yet again zoned out when Santosh called all the unmarried girls who'd attended the wedding. Her's and Cheetah's. She was about to throw her bouquet and she was praying to god that her lonely best friend would catch and save herself from being single as if being single were a plague. Santosh wanted Haseena to find someone but she never set her up after the Singh Date Disaster and Haseena was too busy with her cafe anyways or that's what she wanted people to think when had a long bubble bath enjoying her favourite book.

"Haseena I'll be aiming for you yaar please tumko catch toh karna aata hai na." Santosh asked with a worried expression. Karishma snickered her annoying snicker and Haseena glared at her. Cheetah stood near them, his hand around Santosh's waist smiling like he was high on weed. He was indeed happily married.

"Singh tum bhi kade ho jao yaar." Cheetah suggested to his childhood friend who was also his Best (wo)man for the wedding. Karishma sipped on her beer looking fine wearing a blue knee length dress full sleeve with a high heel and of course her signature red lip stick. Yeah she was drinking beer. Haseena rolled her eyes at her and Karishma smirked at her happy that she could annoy her.

"Nahi mujhe shaadi nahi karni hai kya patah dikhti aisi hai-" she said pointing at a random hot girl strolling by them"-aur nikhli dayaan bilkul iski jaisi." She said now pointing at Haseena. Haseena grit her teeth controlling her anger but ended up aiming her glass of wine at Karishma. She ducked thanks to her quick instincts.

"Yaar ye tune kya kar diya." Cheetah whimpers his cream white blazer drenched in wine. Santosh was laughing hysterically soon joined by Karishma. Haseena was apologising but Cheetah didn't seem to mind as long as he had an interesting story about why his wedding blazer had a stain that wouldn't go away.

Haseena indeed caught the bouquet but she had used it as a maze to hit Karishma when she pulled a silly prank on her. Santosh looked at Cheetah and he simply shook his head indicating him giving up on the chaotic duo.

Two years after the wedding

"Karishma yahaan aao yaar. I need a picture of our lil one with her godparents." Santosh called. It was a cosy party at the Chaturvedi Home. They were celebrating the first birthday of Kiara Cheetah Sharma. Their lil one. She was really the bundle of joy they'd promised to be and she readily recognised her godparents Haseena and Karishma as they made their way to her for the picture. Cheetah clicked their pictures gleefully. Karishma being the immature asshole that she was pinched Haseena's waist from behind making her do a weird face for the last pic and that earned her a smack on the back of her head and cheetah seemed to have clicked their pic at the right moment.

Right after the picture fiasco, one of the guests and Santosh and Cheetah's guest called for seconds on her paneer lollipops, one of the many snacks arranged for the event by Haseena's event management Company.

Haseena threw one last glare at Karishma before walking away to the guest.

"Beta tum itne ache se cook karti hai aur itni achi business chalati hai par tumhare koi Mr.Haseena yahaan dikh nahi raha?" The lady enquired happily eating the seconds Haseena served.

"Aunty woh actually-" Haseena had started but the people surrounding the lady had all gone on a stand still as if Haseena had committed a crime.

"Aunty????? Abhi humari umar hi kya hai? Abhi humne dekha hi kya hai jindagi mein? Pushpa ji bolo na! Meri tumhari behen ka hi age hoga." Pushpa ji exclaimed and Haseena suppressed her smile with difficulty.

"Ji Pushpa ji toh hum keh rahe te ki hum single hai aur koi mili toh bhi Mrs. Haseena Mallik kyunki hum ladkiyon ko pasand karte hai." Haseena Answered casually. It was no more a big deal. They lived in New York for god sake.

"Arrey phir toh tumko meri beti se milna padega." Pushpa ji announced excitedly. The people surrounding her looked at her as if they had just found the next best event to keep them entertained. Haseena dipped her head.

"Karishmaaaaaa." Pushpa ji called out before Haseena even realised what was happening Karishma stood before her. Pushpa ji put her hand around Karishma's shoulder proudly.

"Ye meri beti Karishma Singh. Tum donon ko date pe chalna chahiye nahi?" Haseena widened her eyes.

"Nahi." Haseena said and the group became silent and Pushpa ji's smile diminished and that somehow made Haseena sad.

"Humara matlab kyun nahi? Bilkul Ammi." Haseena bit her tongue. What the hell am I doing she screamed internally.

"Maaf kijiye aapko dekkar humari ammi ki yaad agayi thi toh-" Haseena apologized quickly, not wanting to offend the woman who somehow seemed so much like a motherly figure to her. How such an innocent and sweet looking person gave birth to an evil spawn like Ms. Singh was beyond her.

"Yeh hui na baat. Karu beta now be a gentlewoman and ask her out properly." Pushpa ji directed gleefully.

"Haseena kal raat 8 bhaje meri bike pe." Karishma said as if she was under gun point. Haseena closed her eyes summoning the patience required. Issey acha hum straight hone la natak kar lete she mumbled soundlessly. She was not ready for Singh Date Disaster Part 2 yet. The first one itself took her months to recover from. Her thoughts were interrupted when Pushpaji flicked Karishma's head.

"Ouch maa meine poocha toh tha." Karishma whined and Haseena hid her laughter. This was too satisfying. The ever so annoying Singh's mom was apparently the only person who could control her. She suddenly felt the need to prolong the date idea.

"Pushpa ji rehne dijiye na shayad inko humare saat jaane mein koi interest nahi hai. Woh kya hai na-" Karishma gestured to Haseena to stop, her eyes glaring at Haseena and also pleading. Oh sweet revenge time.

"Kya hai Haseena beta."

"Inke ghar mein ek dho ladkiyaan rehti hai inke saat inke girlfriends hai already aise humne suna kaheen se toh inko humare saat date jaana possible nahi hai na Pushpa ji." Haseena said with an innocent addition to her face. Pushpa ji was by now fuming. Haseena excused herself with an evil smirk, by the time Karishma had very desperately started to explain herself and Pushpa ji had twisted Karishma's ear as if she were a 5 year old.

..

Thank you for all the comments on the previous update ♥️ each of your comments always leaves me smiling like a fool no matter how small it is.