Chapter 2: Into the Abyss

Start from the beginning

His weapon is a wide-edged dagger that sheathed on his left hip.

Sorcerer usually use magic staff or wand to cast a spell, but Y/n is an exception

Sorcerer usually use magic staff or wand to cast a spell, but Y/n is an exception. With his experience in martial artist, he's known as a Combat Sorcerer.

The students lined up in front of the entrance as Meld and his knights taking the front line and back.

"Listen up! In the labyrinth, we all have to help each other. No matter what." Meld instructed the students. "Got that?"

"Hai!"

The knight captain lead the group into the labyrinth. The group is separated into a few groups since the dungeon is hazardous. The first group has Kouki as Hero, Shizuku as Swordmaster, Kaori as Priest, and Ryutaro as Monk.

The group started to move through the lower floors, killing monster as they venturing into the abyss. Everyone took turn in battle, so they could get experience equally.

Among the groups, Y/n's is the most impressive one. They able to perform a coordinate attack and in sync with each other along with the Shikigamis without Meld's instructions, and they fought efficiently.

Those who possess a Shikigami, or a familiar in regular term, usually let the familiars do the fighting. And yet, Y/n proved to be able to fight along side with them equally.

The group made it to the 20th floor where they encountered a herd of a large bipedal monster. One of them knocked Atsushi's dual scimitar off from his grip with a swing and as it launched its other arm, a fast moving tongue snatched Atsushi away from the trajectory.

The monster missed its prey and hit the ground below. Noboru used the chance to jump high above the monster and swung his axe down to its nape. But due to the monster's tough hide, he only managed to land a shallow cut. However, he managed to push the head to the ground.

"Now!" Noboru jumped away.

The shadow below the monster suddenly moved like a liquid, and Y/n jumped out from it with his dagger pointing right at the monster temple. He planted the blade through its head and damaged the brain.

Another fast moving tongue snatched Y/n away with the blade before the monster could even crush him with its large body. Y/n landed safely with his feet on the ground and wiped the blood off of his blade with a swing before he turned his attention to his large toad Shikigami, Gama/Toad.

 Y/n landed safely with his feet on the ground and wiped the blood off of his blade with a swing before he turned his attention to his large toad Shikigami, Gama/Toad