chapter 15: The unpredictable meeting part 2

Neil: Kim!?!

Suddenly remembered that everyone is looking at them*

Neil: I'm mean-- It's.. so nice to meet Miss Kim!

Kim: clears her throat*

( Tries to play along)

Likewise sir..

For the next 2 hours*

Neil and Xavier try to give a detailed explanation on their project and give their best efforts to satisfy the board of directors.

Kim stoping herself from smiling as she was really impressed with their presentation*

Stands up* ends the meeting politely by thanking everyone and says that the decision will be taken in the next meeting

Xavier:But mam.. are you not satisfied with our work? Did we make any mistakes? Is there anything missing that you would like to add?

Kim: No..

Xavier: But then why did you extended the meeting without giving your opinion?

Janette : Mam! We're getting late for your next meeting in Japan..

Neil: Right right

IN A SARCASTIC TONE*

Kim: Is there any problem Mr. Neil?

( In such a cold tone that it sounded like she is meeting him for the first time)

Neil : waiting for her to blink*

No-

Kim: Good.

Later that day*

(Inside Kim's private jet)

Janatte: Mam... Can I ask you something?

Kim: yes.. go ahead..

Janette: Why did you extended the meeting today?..
You looked really satisfied with their presentation so.. why didn't you made your decision right then and there?

And why were you so cold towards Mr. Neil..? I've never seen you like that....

Kim: It's not like l hated their presentation.. I just need more time to think..
We are investing quite a big sum..

Janatte gives kim a weird look*

Kim: what? Why are you looking at me like that..?

Janatte: Really?

Kim: what really?

Janatte: Mam.. I've seen you spent thrice this amount on practically useless stuff when you're drunk shoping and you're saying that you're gonna rethink because of this amount..

Kim: Ouch! That's rude... Don't call my babies practically useless
( Refers to her sports car collection)

Well...

You remember when I told you about my highschool sweetheart and how I ended things with him because of my traumatic past and how l was mistreated.. right?

Janatte: Don't tell me that Mr. Neil is-

Kim: yes..

Janatte: bursts into laughter*

Kim: what?

Janatte: I've never seen you acting this  immaturely before

Kim:
humph!

Turns her head towards the window and enjoys the view*

Neil's POV: It's been ten years since I've last seen her.. and by the years she has changed greatly..
And I  guess she has completely forgotten about me....

Xavier: sir? Sir? Mr. Neil!

Neil: yes.. yes what is it?

Xavier: What happened sir? You seem lost.. are you still thinking about the meeting?

Neil: No.. I'm thinking about something else.. don't worry.. it's nothing..

Xavier: okay sir... If you say so...