Chapter 9

Start from the beginning

gotta catch em all since you've got all our numbers

obsessed much?

You scoffed, you could partially hear Red's teasing tone behind his message. You moved onto your eye makeup. You always dreaded when it came to eyeliner. Making a perfect wing was always a struggle because each side would turn out as awkward besties rather than perfect twins. However, you were confident as you neared the mirror, gently flicking the corner of your eyes.

You decided to leave Red's rambling as you finalised your art.

And it was time for the most gruesome and monotonous part of your pending fit.

Which was the anticipating dress that hung loosely on your body.

The one Jessabell picked out for you.

Now you had to give her props. Although she's known for fooling around at work and slacking off whenever she can, she is a creative individual. Her talents resided in tailoring. Studying fashion and textiles the moment she graduated high school, Jessabell had her passions when she decided to flaunt her work when she wanted to. From one artist to another, you were impressed.

Although you've occasionally seen a few work-in-progress sketches or snippets of her clothing, she outdid herself this time. Which is why you're both in awe yet hesitant to try out the outfit she dropped off.

You liked dresses and feminine clothing, you had a few skirts you'd wear once in a blue moon, but this particular dress was revealing at best. It was a pink frilly strapless gown that reached barely past your fingertips. Layers of white and pink mixed in a pastel frenzy. A sleek white trim edged around the skirt with patterns of cute hearts and small cats.

Due to your tall height, it made your legs feel more exposed yet complemented them in such a way. You didn't know any terminology for the effect, but it was something most fashion icons look for when scouting models.

To the best of your abilities, your hands snaked around to fix the zipper. Releasing a sigh of relief once it made its way to kiss your midsection securely. You had to suck in your stomach to ensure the snug fit.

Luckily the pouch for the chest didn't flop out like soggy paper, hugging rather tightly around your bust like a second skin. It'd be both embarrassing and tedious to keep lifting the front end of the dress while also pulling down the skirt in hopes you don't accidentally flash yourself in public. But you wore shorts just for good measure. Yet if you wanted to, you would prance around the room with the dress following close behind you, like a shadow without a doubt.

If you remember correctly this was the outfit from Jessabell's favourite shows.

Mew Mew Kissy Cutie.

You grimaced as you placed the wig cap on, securing it in place with a few bobby pins as your hand made its way to slip on the styled wig. Not too tight to cause you a headache, but not too loose that someone could snatch it without a care. The outfit matched the colour of the hair, just as shiny and cutesy as everything else. Tied up in twin pigtails with an ahoge curling straight to the sun, was that the correct term for it?

You used your fingers to bush out the ends while fidgeting with the cat ears that held up the synthetic wig for good luck. Small bells chimed softly every time you stared in vain at the mirror.

You wondered how Jessabell got your measurements, but if you asked she would say something along the lines of "sibling intuition". Whatever that meant. You just hope she didn't whip out a ruler against your frame when you weren't looking.