16. Leave Me Alone

- AGAIN? you're crazy - frank said, as i ate my sandwich and almost choked on it from giggling.
- thanks - i said sarcastically while rolling my eyes at him. i looked over at the table that gerard was sitting at, and i noticed that mrs perch was sitting with him. they were talking about something, laughing maniacally while their shoulders touched. i felt this weird emotion.

am i jealous? nah.. why would i be jealous? they're just... talking...

i stopped overthinking and went back to eating my sandwich. soon both me and frank were done eating, so we headed to the art room. we waited outside for mr way to come, cause he locked the door. i talked to frank for a while, when suddenly i saw something in the corner of my eye. it was gerard.

gerard going into a bathroom with mrs perch. fuck.

my heart skipped a beat and immediately fastened it's pace, while i could feel my entire stomach twisting and turning.

- you look like you've just seen a ghost, what happened? - frank broke me out of my weird trance, making me look up at him with widened eyes.
- sorry.. it's.. it's nothing really.. - i said sadly, and he could sense something was off.
- come on y/n, i know something's up. what did you see? - he put his hand on my shoulder as he carressed it i guess to try and comfort me.
- ...gerard - i mumbled out quietly, as he raised one of his eyebrows.
- ...ooookay, and what about him? - he added, as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
- mrs perch - i continued, and he widened his eyes and raised his brows at my words.
- they went to the same bathroom together - i mumbled out, trying my best not to burst out in tears. don't ask me why. i'm just a stupid teenage girl.
- fuck.. - was all he could say in response.

time skip

the lesson went by pretty quickly, and soon the bell rang. i started packing my stuff, but then gerard came up to my desk and cleared his throat.
- excuse me y/n, could you please stay after class? - he said, and i nodded, as my stomach twisted just like before.

a few hours before :00

gerard's pov

- mr way could you meet me in my office? - the principal said, as i looked up from my laptop. i fixed my suit, smiling towards him kindly.
- of course - i said, as he smiled as well.
- great - and with that he closed the door, heading back to his office.

i wonder what he wants from me.

i closed my laptop and took my bag before i opened the door and locked it, heading towards the principal's office. i knocked on the door in a rhythm, and i heard his voice shouting "come in" from the inside. i opened the door, entering the room and sitting in front of his desk. he cleared his throat and clasped his hands on the desk.
- so, mr way.. i've heard from one of our students, that supposedly you're having a... romance, with one of our students. is that true? - he said, and i felt my heart skip a beat. i glared at him, unable to say anything from all of that stress. i looked down, shaking my head.
- it's not true mr parker - i finally responded, trying my best not to let my voice crack. he raised one of his eyebrows, as i looked back into his eyes.

- well i sure hope it isn't - he said, as he shook his head.
- alright. you can leave now, way - he told me, as i gulped nervously.
- goodbye - i said while hurriedly leaving the office.

my heart was beating so fast, and i could think about was y/n. i knew this was going too far.

back to present

your pov

- so... what do you want? - i said as i kicked the air playfully out of boredom. he rolled the sleeves of his shirt up as always, staring down at the floor.
- we.. we can't spend time together anymore - he finally said, and i felt my stomach twisting again.
- w-what? - my voice trembled, as he sighed, finally looking into my wet and red eyes.
- I'm sorry. it's over. - he said harshly, before pushing past me hurriedly and leaving the classroom.

no. i won't let him go this easily.

- gerard, stop - i yelled, walking out of the classroom as well. i stared at his sillouette as he made his way down the empty hallway.
- fuck - i whispered to myself, before running after him.
- please, wait - i whined, gripping his arm tightly. he pushed me away roughly, as i fell down to the ground. he furrowed his eyebrows and stopped walking to look at me angrily.
- leave me alone - he said through gritted teeth, and he left me just laying there down on the floor. tears were falling from my eyes and my chest was hurting like a motherfucker.