13. The Little Things

Start from the beginning

It feels like Friday greets you abruptly

It feels like Friday greets you abruptly. A minute ago, you were complaining about the hands of your clock ticking by at a painfully slow pace, suddenly it slapped you in the face, told you 'fine, here's Friday, impatient ass.'

You finish work later than your coworkers, Jia on her day off while Jimin and Yoongi worked until midday, leaving you to work alone until late afternoon. Now, you scurry home, like a mouse finding shelter in rainy Paris, mentally giving yourself time slots for each step in which you get ready.

Yoongi told you this was a pool party. Not once are you stepping foot even remotely close to the water. Then again, you can't exactly speak for drunk you.

A few roads away, Jungkook filters through his own wardrobe, unsure of what to even wear. He knows he won't both getting in the pool either, but grabbing a pair of trunks wont hurt. He stops himself from asking you what he should wear, he's reminded of what he did to himself with you in mind the last time you both discussed outfit choices. Fingers crossed he remembers this party for all the right reasons. Doesn't forget to make his room all neat and tidy, figures you'll be crashing there as usual.

In the end, he keeps it casual. Settles for a graphic tee, a white skeleton spray painted onto the khaki green material, along with some oversized trousers as usual. Chunky shoes. Accessories. Your favourite scent. The usual.

You ignore your phone when he texts you, not intentionally of course. Perfecting your craft, you sit in front of your vanity mirror, not knowing who you'll see staring back at you by the time you're finished.

Water and makeup is obviously a no, however this is a party you're going to, and even though it's the last thing on your mind, you're not completely closed off to the idea of attracting cute guys— or girls. So, you continue your makeup routine as usual, (and you add a little effort, it's a party for fuck sake).

This won't be like Triptych, you don't have to pre-drink to get yourself buzzed enough to enjoy your time there. Nonetheless, a half empty bottle of soju bids you good tidings whilst you doll yourself up. The whole process is suddenly rushed, and you regret not switching with Jimin for an earlier shift.

Freshly showered, the smell of vanilla and coconut envelopes your body in a warm embrace, and you put your playlist on to get you in the party mood. Bopping your head to City Girls, you moisturise your skin as prep. While you do, your mind can't help but wander.

It's hard not to remember the deal. This party will in fact get you out of your comfort zone, but the last thing you need is to attach the feeling of confidence to an alcohol bottle. You need to learn without it, alone too.

Maybe you depend on Jungkook too much, it's like training yourself with a clicker. Jungkook equals confidence. What would you do if he wasn't there? Would you even go to this party without him? Absolutely not, you wouldn't even consider it.

Well, it's normal for friends to only go somewhere if certain friendly faces will be there. Quit deprecating your attachment to him, it's not hurting anybody at the end of the day. A swig of peachy goodness washes away your doubtfulness. Doesn't obliterate it, though. It stays in the back of your mind, roots itself deep within the crevices of your brain, ready to spread itself like a virus.