chapter three , flatline

Start from the beginning

"I'll check it out," Addison said, rushing to the blonde's side, a terrified expression plastered on her face.

Derek took a flashlight to his sister's eyes. "Let's get her in for a C.T. too," he requested.

IZZIE WAS FREAKING OUT. She cut the wire and was waiting for Burke, manually pumping Denny's heart. Denny was essentially dead. "Burke is going to be here and everything is going to be fine!" She shouted at Cristina.

The curly haired woman tried to say, "About Burke―"

"When Burke gets here, everything will be fine. He will know what to do," the model stated.

"About Burke―"

"What?" George snapped.

Tears had formed in her black eyes. "He's been shot. So has Alli―They both lost a lot of blood." The intern's heads whipped toward her with that news.

"Alli's been shot. . ." Meredith whispered under her breath, her anxiety intensifying over her pregnant best friend.

The entire room was in shambles now. Izzie was having a panic attack on the floor, George wanted to be anywhere but here, Meredith was trying to mediate the situation, and Cristina was going to leave. "Shut up!" Meredith snapped, their voices silencing. "Nobody is leaving and nobody is dying!"

"Thank you. It was kinda getting on my nerves, all this dying talk―" Denny panted.

ALLISON STARTED TO BREATHE RAPIDLY and then her heart began to flatline. "She's coding!" Bailey shouted. "Code blue!"

"She's starting to have contractions," Addison said.

"Paddles!" Bailey yelled. "Charging to 300. Clear." They shocked the girl, the line still ran flat.

"You do not get to die on me, Alli!" Bailey said, her brown eyes glassy. "Charge to 360. Clear." They shocked her again. Nothing.

"Come on, Allison!" Addison begged for her sister in law to come back, a few tears rolling slowly. Despite what Addison had done to her, the redhead still loved the girl, even though she didn't show it well.

Miranda stared down hopelessly at the Shepherd girl's still body. "Keep charging!" Derek screamed. He had to hold himself together, he still had to perform surgery on Burke.

"Charging to 400. Clear." Bailey stated, for one last time. If she wouldn't come back after this, they were going to remove her baby and lose Alli.