chapter two , that funny feeling

CHAPTER TWO"17 seconds"season two episode twenty-five

CHAPTER TWO
"17 seconds"
season two episode twenty-five

      LIFE'S BEEN BETTER since Mark left Seattle. Allison even thinks the weather's improved, the days feel less gloomy than usual. The skies are clearer. Pregnancy is going well, she's nearing her due date. About three weeks left. Only three weeks.

It had flown by, the stress of being cheated on, intern year, and everything that had happened in these past months, she never really got to bask in the thoughts of being pregnant. She had no baby shower or gender reveal or anything. You couldn't do much with an 80 hour workload.

On her downtime, she was sitting in Joe's bar, drinking water. She missed tequila.

Cristina was staring at Burke and Derek playing darts. "He's picturing my face. He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull," she assumed. Burke celebrated his win, doing a fist pump. Which was followed up by the curly haired woman mocking her boyfriend. "Oh, look at that."

"Derek―Derek is picturing you," Izzie said to Meredith. He kept looking back to the girl.

"He's sending you the death stare. I know the death stare all too well," the blonde stated. "He's pissed."

"He called me a whore. He lost the right to picture me," Meredith said.

"So I fell asleep during sex―so what?" Cristina scoffed. "Ass!"

"Ass!"

"Mark Sloan is an ass, too."

Alex wandered into the bar. "Oh, ass! Hey," Izzie greeted him sarcastically. Alex had essentially told the heart patient, Denny Duquette, that they were dating (they were not) and she'd 'broken' up with him.

"Well, well, Isobel Stevens has finally left the hospital. Does this mean heart patient dude finally kicked it?" He asked, smiling at his snarky comment.

"I'm sorry. This section of the bar is for surgeons. We don't socialize with gynecologists," the model said, putting her hands up in defense. Joe and the four women began to laugh, causing Alex to walk off. "George!"

"Hi," he said, sitting down next to his pregnant friend. Callie, his girlfriend, sat down too.

"Hey, Callie!" the blonde Shepherd smiled to the orthopedic surgeon. Her friends didn't really like Callie much. One morning, she had wandered into the bathroom, topless, peed, and didn't wash her hands. Meredith and Izzie were still struggling to let that moment go.