Erwin Headcannon no. 7

Father Figure pt.2
(Requested on Tumblr)

• There was no doubt you were a daddy's girl. From for first visit to HQ, to your more recent visits, it was immediately and widely known; You were the newly appointed Commander's daughter.

• Not only did your appearance make that obvious, sharing in his blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, but the very air you carried into every room you occupied had everyone certain of this fact.

• For a time, until you were around halfway through your adolescence, you'd stayed away from your father's profession. But finding nothing entertaining enough among the lives of fellow citizens around you, nor thought provoking enough for your taste, you'd make the choice on your own to join your father.'s side in the Corps.

• At first, he'd been hesitant to accept you into the Scouting Corps, and only later would you realize this was out of fear for losing you like he had your mother. But after some time, and late night talks with him in his office, he'd finally relented; you would join them in their exploration for information beyond the walls.

• For a time, he chose not to play favorites, and you remained a cadet under a squad he had command over. But after only a short time within the ranks, and much to the speculation of favoritism from fellow branch officers, you quickly rose up from cadet to captain, and from captain to section commander at Erwin's side.

• He of course was quick to dispel such rumors, and was oh so, so proud to see you climbing the rank ladder so swiftly.

• You were his daughter, after all. Of course you would excel quickly.

• Once talk died down of Erwin choosing his elites from personal preference, something that was never true to begin with, word began to spread of not only your likeness to your father with intellect and integrity within meetings you would frequently attend, but also while out on the field.

• Not only were you willing to lay down your life for the future cause, but you were clever. Cunningly so. And incredibly dangerous with a blade.

• The amount of times you'd swindled a man out of coin for the Survery Corp's budget simply by speaking overly formally and confusing the hell out of high ranking military personnel's were beyond count.

• And honestly, Erwin couldn't have been more proud.

• He believed stealing was wrong, of course, but was this really stealing if they offered coin so freely after hardly understanding a word his daughter's highly educated mind spoke?

• Of course, he was proud of you for far more than your ability to sway decisions into your favor, thought you'd learned it from him.

• He was proud also of your resolve, and your underlying devotion to every cause you dedicated your heart to. Which, frankly, with your spacious heart, was displayed often.

• On a lighter note though, we all know Erwin is a total dad. I mean your typical suburban father figure who cracked the corniest jokes. So of course, as his daughter, you would get a whole other side to his personality than most did.

• While his rules might be strict at times, out of fear for losing you on the battlefield, they were most strict when it came to the matter of your personal life.

•  "I understand the Captains are going out for a drink tonight in celebration, but I expect you to be back at base by 10pm. And no boys, you hear? I've already had a chat with Hange and Levi to keep an eye on you."

• Besides losing to the titans and losing valuable information, his greatest fear by far was to see you suffer in any way relating to the way he had. Whether that be romantically, or through losing as much as he had in his past.

• He wanted nothing but the best for you, something he only had for the brief time he still had his parents and wife around to keep him company and to love on.

• Now that they were gone, he knew he would not waste a single second of his time with you in fear that you could face what he had.

• Beyond his desire to reach the Jeager's basement in Shiganshina, was his desire to protect and provide for his only living kin; you.

• Vividly you remembered the promise he had made you as a child; "One day, I will provide a free world, all for you to explore and love your fullest in. And I'll be with you, all the way."

• And all the way up until the bitter end, he held true his promise to you. Despite the loss falling all around you, he had indeed provided a way in which for you to explore the open word around you. He had been right, after all; Paradis was not alone.

• With his spirit guiding you forward, you did what the both of you had always dreamed of doing, once the war had finally come to an end; exploring the vast world around you with a heart lightened of all burden.