Chapter 1

(Jay's POV)

Today is the day. The day I ask the sweetest, most beautifulest girl in the world to marry me. Nya. I sighed dreamily as her image filled my head. I looked at the ring I had bought her. It was gold, with a red and blue sapphire heart in the middle. On the inside of the band, I had engraved, 'To Nya, my one and only love-Jay.' It had cost me two and a half thousand dollars, but for, Nya, it was worth it. "Jay? You in there?" her beautiful voice called now, snapping me out of my daydream. I jumped and shoved the ring back into my pocket. "Uh, one sec, coming!" I shouted, feeling like an idiot. I face palmed, then ran out the door...and into Nya. We fell to the ground and I felt my face heat up. "Sorry Nya!" I gasped, getting up off her. She laughed and accepted the hand I offered her. I pulled her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck. "What's the hurry?" she asked. "Uh, nothing, there's no hurry," I babbled nervously. Ooh, I can't do it! She's too perfect! She'd never say yes to a guy like me! She raised an eyebrow at me and took a step back, crossing her arms. "You're a terrible liar, Jay," she said icily, glaring at me. I gulped. I didn't want her to be mad at me, but I didn't want her to laugh at me either. Suddenly, her eyes shifted to the floor and surprise replaced the look of disapproval. I followed her gaze and saw something small and shiny lying on the floor- the ring! It must have fell out of my pocket when we collided. I started to reached for it, but her hand struck out like a cobra and grabbed it first. She brought it up to her face and her mouth dropped open. I blushed and looked at the ground as she inspected it. "You...you were going to propose to me?" she asked softly. I nodded stiffly, too embarrassed to speak. She lifted my chin up gently so she could look into my eyes. Then she pressed the ring into my hand. I felt my heart sink. She didn't want it. A few silent seconds passed before she spoke. "Well?" she asked, kind of annoyed. "Well what?" She rolled her eyes. "Are you gonna propose to me or stand there like an idiot?" Oh. I mentally face-palmed, then got on one knee and held the ring up. "Nya Flamely, Will you marry me?" I asked, more confident than I felt. A dazzling smile lit up her face and she laughed. "Is there anyway I would say no?" she grinned as I stood up. I put the ring on her finger and she wrapped her arms around my neck again. "Should we celebrate?" she asked, grinning. "Without the others? That's a bit rude, isn't it?" She rolled her eyes. Then it clicked. "Oh..." I mentally facepalmed my stupidity. She laughed again and kissed me. I picked her up bridal style and grinned at her startled face. She smiled back, before I kissed her again and entered my room, closing the door behind us.