The calm..

Time before October 27
24:59:59
.
.
.
.
24:59:58
—------------------------------------------------------

Angelo's pov

A day has passed since TTT and I gathered information about the portal to get to the global village.

“So you're telling me… the building where the portal is in is outside of SPDM? Are they dumb… no wait, that makes sense… the best place to store secrets is outside of their own vicinity,” I said as I contemplated how I'd get inside the building. My thoughts got interrupted when TTT asked, “Are you okay, Angelo? You look slightly pale. I only saw you like this one time when you got caught during our lab raid.”

I smiled and looked at TTT who was inside the camcorder.

“I’m okay, just making up a plan to get there.”

With a sigh, TTT stayed silent for a while, and I returned to contemplating. Alright, I made up a plan.

“I got a plan… are you in for it, TTT?”

I asked her. I saw her smile a little, then she cheerfully replied.

“Yeah, I'm up for the plan, Angelo!”

I smiled before relaying the plan I made.

“So, a trash collector will go inside SPDM to collect the waste that got piled up. I could create some kind of distraction and get inside the truck. Of course, the guards would need to check for any suspicious things that might have happened. This is why the collection starts at 8 pm; all the students will be asleep by then.

I don't know what happened, but there is a sudden increase in security, probably due to one of the students getting shot by a rubber bullet. I also heard the annual school ceremony will take place, maybe that's why.

So, my plan is I’ll wake up at around 7:30 pm. I'm sure all the students will be asleep by that time. Can you hack the security once I get close to the building where the portal is?”

I asked. TTT nodded still inside the camcorder. I smiled at her, briefly seeing a blush on her face, before I continued talking about the plan.

“Alright, so after you deactivate the security for the building, I'll get in and find the portal. Did you get all that?” I asked TTT, and she replied.

“So at 7:30 pm, I'll deactivate the security, then you'll get in. Did I get it right?”

I nodded my head. I'm still amazed at how she can absorb that much information and summarize it easily. A few moments of silence passed before I said something.

“Once we meet again, I want to tell you something.”

I turned away from TTT, who was inside the camcorder.

“I also want to say something to you as well, so I'll listen too!”

Once I heard what she said, I smiled and nodded my head in understanding. I turned off the camcorder before looking at the time: 6:00 am. I have enough time. I hope I don't fumble my words when TTT and I meet again in the global village.

—------------------------------------------------------
Time left before October 27.

11:29:59
.
.
.
11:29:58
—------------------------------------------------------
I woke up and stretched a little before looking outside. It was nighttime, specifically 7:30 pm.

It's time for my plan. I looked at myself in the mirror of SPDM one last time before heading off. I evaded some guards that were patrolling the area. Once I got to the area of the trash collection, I waited for thirty minutes.

Thirty minutes passed by in an instant. I saw the truck get inside SPDM; this was my cue. Once the collector wasn't looking, I threw myself inside the truck, landing softly on what looked like piles of plastic bags. I checked if I have the camcorder; I have it. I turned it on before I saw TTT smiling, and she asked me.

“You inside the truck?” TTT said. I replied with a nod, not making noise to avoid alerting the guards. With a nod, TTT turned off the camcorder, likely checking the security of the building to hack it. Once I felt the truck move, I cautiously buried myself inside the pile of plastic bags. I heard a conversation between the guard and the garbage collector. A few more minutes, and I was out of SPDM.

I jumped out of the truck before walking to the location of the building where the portal is. Likely judging from the turned-off lights outside the building, TTT successfully hacked it. I smiled lightly before entering the building.

I checked every corner and room until I found what looked like a room that still had light. I entered the room, and lo and behold, it was the database room, and the portal was right at the center. How can they just leave the portal turned on? Or is it always like this? Gah, no matter. Let's just hope this will work.

I took a deep breath before entering the portal and closing my eyes. Once I opened them, I was met with a familiar numeric sky. Looks like it worked.

I entered the global village, looking for TTT. This was my chance, and I'm not just gonna miss it.

“Angelo! Over here!”

I turned around; it was TTT, smiling while waving one of her hands, gesturing to come over. With a smile, I approached her.

“TTT! Hello again!”