Chapter Seven

***Chapter Seven ***
Wolves At The Tea Party

All was relatively peacefully for me, Elijah and I became more comfortable with each other. Late afternoons I read or sketch and he would read, sometime out loud while I drew if he thought I'd find it interesting. It was nice around 7 we would have dinner and talk about our day. Jermey would join us as well. I paused making breakfast noticing Elijah's tense features after excusing himself "Elijah what's wrong?" I asked.

"The wolves kidnapped Caroline and tortured, her last night " he shrugged. "Jonas took care of it so my deal with Elena still stands" I nodded Continuing to cook. "There was something I wanted to ask you?"

"Hmm" I said not really paying attention stirring the batter for crapes.

"Will you do me the honor of attending the Lockwoods historical tea party" he said all formal. A smile broke out on my face "You're aware that 90% of this town hates me yes?" I asked just making sure he knew what he was getting himself into.

"Yes I'm aware, just not sure why" I debated if I should tell him as I pour the batter into the hot pan. "You can tell him my queen" Adramelech said making an appearance. He usually kept quite most of the time after how this place reacted when I was younger.

" People think I'm crazy because I talk to my demons." I said with a shrug. " I saw so many physicists and took many pills but obviously none of them worked eventually I ran away not being able to take it anymore the physical and mental abuse was a bit to much" I paused glaring at the crape I just made. "This town believes in vampires, witches and on occasion werewolves. But whatever the hell was happening to me had to be a mental problem." I sighed with a tear falling down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away knowing these people weren't good enough for my tears.

"People often fear what they don't understand." Elijah said coming beside me and turning off the stove top. "It's a brunch darling we can save this for tomorrow" he added moving over to put the batter in the fridge.

I nodded moving to go change into a pretty dress for this event. "Never let anyone believe your less than for being who you are. My brother often struggled believing people saw him as less than ." Elijah called after me.

I wanted to ask which brother but something told me I'd meet them all in time. "Thank you Elijah" I whispered before taking off to my room.

I smiled a real smile happy that life was turning up. A feeling of warmth spread through my veins letting me know my demons were happy as well. Shaking it off I quickly found my most appropriate dress that wouldn't make Elijah look bad. I opted for a pink jumpsuit that would be a little flashy, but not in an obnoxious way. I applied my make up quick and strapped on my tall nude heels "I look like a princess not a Queen" I scoffed to myself nonetheless liking how innocent I looked.

I stepped out of my room quick making sure I had everything thing I need. "It will be fine Ava" Adramelech whispered using my first name for the second time in my life causing me to smile. "I know, I'm just not a fan of..of" I paused trying to find the word.

"Humans" Elijah finished stepping out of his room adjusting his cufflinks before his dark honey eyes met mine. "You look" it was his turn to pause

"Beautiful? Gorgeous? Ravishing?" I said with a teasing smile.

"Yes" he sallowed his thickly make my smile widen. "Looks like master isn't the only one with a crush"