Chapter 7 - New Year!

New year is coming.

Time flies so fast till my 4th month in Monza feels like a blurred. We came to the new year and new spirits of course. 2024 will be forever in my heart, since it will be another journey in the highest sport tournament in the world which is my national team will participate.

Yeah, Olympics will come in less than half a year. My teammates in the National team gain their power in each team. Although we were separate in Asia even some of us in Europe include me, but our strongest power is one. To be the best for Japan.

In the last 4 months, me and the team are strolling around Italy for the Superlega and Coppa Italia, sometimes we'll join a tournament outside Italian too. Now standing in the 6th place, we need more games to perform better at least till May to maintain Monza position will stay in the Series A next season.

"Happy new year, guys"

Today we celebrate the new year with Monza's families. When I said families, it wasn't a joke because they brought a wife and girlfriend to join it. That makes Galassi one of my teammates continue to make a joke to me. During the speak he mentioned a girlfriend to join the event the next time.

"She's not a girlfriend, guys"

"Lei none? are you kidding us?"
(She's not)

I know they mention Rosalie.

She came to the match 2 weeks ago with his brother named Marco. Fyi we already exchanged messages, she loves to hear about Japanese that she left 10 years ago and I need a friend to teach me Italiano. When Rosalie said she will attend the match, I didn't assume she would come to congratulate me when I got another MVP that day.

"So, she's not girlfriend even when you'll go first tonight to see her?", Ibrahim was a good friend to me, but sometimes he'll spill too much information to my other teammates. Not in the negative meaning, once again my teammates just want to make a joke to me.

But, that was true. I will meet her tonight after this party, not 'after' at all. Like how Ibrahim said before, I will excuse myself to go first because I promise to come to the firework party with Rosalie.

Still fresh in my mind when she asked me to join her. I said that Japan's Hanabi in summer is still the best, and when Rosalie's eyes are blurry with the tears in the middle of Milan's crowded city that night, remember how her beautiful memory with her mom watched the summer firework festival in Japan, I agree to come with her tonight.

It will be my first experience to see New Year's fireworks in Italy, since the last 2 years I celebrate with the Padova team. And of course it will be my first experience enjoying the new year with a woman except my family.

From : Rosalie
I'm outside the building..

A message from Rosalie popped up on my phone at 10.00 pm. Rosalie said Monza always hosts a spectacular fireworks display in the new year takes place in the historic center of the city. When I asked did she often spend new year in Monza? She said yes, because her family lives here and she'll spend the new year with them.

"You look freezing"

My voice startled her. She turned around and delivered me the best smile under the light in the Monza tonight. Rosalie with her winter outfit. Brown coat fits with her new curl long hair the first time I saw it. She looks stunning.

 She looks stunning