15. play with children

Many days I visit the academy built by Yuuki. Since the kingdom of Ingracia was next door to the Western Holy Church, it was easier to go back and forth.

The children have accepted us. For Rio, who is friendly to everyone and good at socializing, handling children must be an easy task. Meanwhile, even though I was just normal, they claimed it was like I was with Shizu. I know they are still sad, but I also know they are trying to accept it.

It's not like before where I hid Shizu's death for too long. Alice used to be very angry until she was calmed down by Kenya and Ranga.

By the way, right now I'm being completely dressed up by these kids. I just realized that Shizu and I have the same fate. Often treated like a doll.

Especially for Alice and Clara. Clara can prepare any items such as dresses, shoes, etc. Collaborating with Alice, who is good at dressing up other people, I feel nostalgic for when I was often like this when I was with Shuna and Shion.

"It's finished!"

"Woah... sis Rachel is truly beautiful like a goddess."

Then as a result I had to wear a yellow lace dress with a skirt that flared perfectly until it swept the floor. My hair is tied in two ponytails with ribbons of the same color. I also had to wear high heels which was really inconvenient.

I now really look like a beautiful princess! In fact, they also wanted to put make up on, but of course I flatly refused. Luckily they didn't force it. I'm weak if they keep persuading me.

I know that my physique inherited from Shizu is a beautiful woman, plus from my slime cells, it's not wrong that I am more beautiful than Shizu. Even though I have been reincarnated since I have no gender, I am still a man. Changing gender can be left to Ciel and physically I can't change it.

If I appeared in public in a state like this, it would definitely attract attention. But right now we were on a quiet, wide hill learning how to fight. Sometimes they complain because they think it's useless. They're going to die anyway.

"Shizu-san is trying hard to find a way to save you. So, you also can't give up. Shizu-san also entrusts you to Rimuru-san. Soon Rimuru-san will also be your teacher. I'm sure he can save you all!" I tried to motivate them all whenever they seemed like they wanted to give up. Even though they were always cheerful, deep inside their hearts, they had given up.

"Um... I haven't met Rimuru-san, but I trust him like you and Shizu-sensei."

Chloe looks the shyest of the others, but she also sometimes shows an optimistic attitude more than the others.

At Chloe's words, Clara responded.

"That's right! We are Mama's children from the future. Therefore, Clara believes Mama will be safe, maybe because of that person. If Mama is safe, surely the others will be too."

It was really strange to hear someone call 'mama' to someone the same age, but Clara didn't seem to care about other thoughts.

I often heard him arguing with others. Children have a hard time believing it. Naturally, I was even very confused by this puzzle.

However, Chloe didn't mind it. No matter how many times she was called mama or pampered, Chloe always smiled.

When I asked at that time, Chloe answered like this.

"It's okay. Besides, I trust them."

"The reason?"

"I don't know, I felt uneasy after being left by Shizu-sensei. As time went on... I didn't know how to calm myself down from this anxiety. Like... I wanted to rage at other people. But I felt calmer around them. I feel really attached to them. Maybe they're lying, but... it doesn't matter. We can be friends."