4

a/n: In case you didn't see the announcement on my page, I came up with a better idea on how I could do this story with Ona instead of Aitana so I've decided to change it. I'm sorry if this upsets anyone but I think the storyline will be better this way. Also, I'm going to try and rep out a few chapters the next few days before I go back to University and will be a bit busier.

Before I knew it Caitlin and I were back in England and walking to Viv's car, who had graciously offered to pick us up from the airport. We had some banter and talked about the international break during the drive to drop Caitlin back off at her and Lia's apartment.

Once Caitlin was dropped off, I threw my head back, slapping my hand over my face, and groaned, "Oh my god."

Viv chuckled, "What's wrong? You forget your teddy at camp?"

I pointed at her, "I do not have a teddy, thank you very much, that's just a you thing," Viv laughed, "I just remembered that I'm going to have to see Daan."

"What's wrong with you and Daan?"

Shit. I had forgotten that Viv and Jill didn't know about what happened between me and Daan before camp. I had snuck out of her room quick enough that all they knew was that we went home together, none of the details. "Oh, nothing just not ready for her to annoy me."

The Dutch woman looked over to me, "Don't lie to me. Jill and I had figured something went on between the two of you after the bar, you did take her home after basically fucking in the middle of the dance floor."

I rolled my eyes, "We did no such thing thank you very much."

"Then what's wrong with seeing her?"

I groaned, "Ugh, fine. We might've had sex that night, but I snuck out of her bed the next morning before she woke up. I was gone for camp before I saw her that morning, so we haven't talked since that night, besides a good luck text."

"Why'd you sneak out in the morning?"

"Because it was a mistake," I said like it was obvious.

"Why would that be a mistake?"

"I don't get with teammates for a reason. I was just so drunk that night that I was completely senseless and now I can't take it back."

"Why are you so strict on not getting with teammates? You always talk about it, but I've never heard the reasoning behind it."

"It's just like I always say I don't want any distractions from football, and I don't want it to end badly and affect the team."

Viv shook her head and looked at me, "That's not a good enough reason Cam, if you and her are serious about each other you shouldn't be avoiding it."

"Football and family are the number one thing in my life I don't want to risk anything with that."

She was confused, "What does this have to do with family?"

"My parents have worked so hard to get me to where I am right now. All the practices and different academies they had me in got me to where I am now. I can't risk anything happening to football and not making all the sacrifices they put in worth it."

Viv sighed, "It doesn't have to mess up football for you. As long as you are both professionals then nothing has to affect the team or your football, you guys just go to being regular teammates. Hell, me and Lisa have been together for 5 years and even if we broke up, we'd be mature enough to keep it off the field and away from the team."

I tried changing the subject, "You and Lisa are never going to break up."

"I agree, but in a hypothetical situation. Don't try changing the subject though, I don't get why you don't just feel things out with Daan. It's obvious that you both like each other and would make each other happy."