The Lone spirit

11 - The Lone spirit.

There once was a lonely spirit... No, there were many, and he was one of them. Everyday, every minute Void, the monster haunted him. It always followed him everywhere. It was a horror, an unexplainable terror. The lone spirit, even amidst humungous crowds, was followed by the Void. Every moment he was constantly running away, from this monster yet he was never able to outrun him. He ran and ran in every corner of the world, finding Peace Angel to help him out but he was never ever able to find her. The Lone spirit was flabbergasted to know that, even after constantly searching for her, not resting even a minute, he wasn't able to find Peace Angel, and the annoyance of the Void monster was also a constant nightmare in this journey. "Why" was the question that his soul wanted the answer of. He wanted answers but nobody was able to answered them ever. The Lone spirit continued to run away from the Void again getting back to square 1. He was frustrated he wanted answers, he wanted Peace Angel, he wanted the nightmare, the pain, the horror inflicted by the Void to go away.

One day, he was again in the corner, hiding away from the Void. It approached him nonetheless and he couldn't do anything. He hated himself, "why can't he find The Peace Angel to get this Void away?", "WHY?..". The 'why' echoed in his mind to the point it hurt. But it was enough. He was tired of the constant running, hiding, pain, horror. It was for sure, enough. The Lone spirit, looked the Void in the eye, huffed a deep breath, stomped froward and reached out to it.

Then, a sudden gush of serenity, flowed inside of him as if a flower bloomed in his heart. The sprint of time slowed down and upon looking around, he saw the the colours of life. He was awestruck that he never noticed the colours around him. The green of the grass, the blue of the sky, the yellow of the sun's gold light, he never realised. The air was suddenly so perfused, although nobody sprayed even the slightest drop of perfume. He looked at the Void and found, it was Peace Angel all along. She was there trying to reach out to him, but he was too fearful to realise it. He was searching for her all over, and she was always besides him, he just needed to accept and face the Void.

The Lone spirit was still the Lone spirit, even in the mightiest flock of people. Now it wasn't loneliness though, but a peaceful and tranquil void of Aloneness.

-Vanshiwrts